• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Having a Vet using his DD214 discount to order a gun, ship to a FFL, BUT transfer to another person

OK but still Person A is buying and Person B is paying. I don't think I'd want to get involved in that just to save $100 bucks. You know that if Person B F's up the feds are going after the dealer and person A.
Maybe. I've never seen that, though. These deals are uncommonly rare because most people aren't stupid about it.

The modalities around prosecuting straws all generally revolve around the first 4473. The ATF would have to invent a new tack/direction in that prosection.

Maybe. I've never seen that, though. These deals are uncommonly rare because most people aren't stupid about it.

The modalities around prosecuting straws all generally revolve around the first 4473. The ATF would have to invent a new tack/direction in that prosection.
I would not put it past the State of Massachusetts to do a very thorough investigation.

I would not put it past the State of Massachusetts to do a very thorough investigation.
It's not mass you'd have to worry about. Straws are generally only a fed issue. Most states don't recodify that faggotry in their state laws, not even mass.

It's not mass you'd have to worry about. Straws are generally only a fed issue. Most states don't recodify that faggotry in their state laws, not even mass.
I can totally imagine Marsha getting sand caught and making pearls until a Glock owner goes to jail.

it violates the manufacturer's policy regarding military/LEO discounts. I'd be surprised if the FFL allowed it. The policy is pretty clear that the firearm is to be purchased by the buyer for his personal use, and not for further transfer.

Ultimately it's just an unwise thing to do.
Technically, it might not be an actual "straw" since there were apparently TWO(2) separate and legal transactions/backgrounds conducted on 4473's.
It not like the LEO or Vet bought it, did paperwork, and then went out to the door and conveyed possession to another dude. Anyway I get headaches from stoopid stuff like this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom