• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Haverhill Hound Rod & Gun Club

Hello everyone, Kyle here! I'm a complete noob to these forums and shooting in general, so I figured my first post should be in here (the ranges/clubs section) to find a group of local people to connect with.

I've recently gained interested in recreational shooting and realized that I've passed by HHR&GC numerous times but have never actually checked it out!

I've heard lots of great things about it on here and I checked out their site and it seems to be really nice.

If anyone could post any pictures/comments/things I should know about it, it would help me decide whether to sign myself up or not.

Also, I may want to have someone give me a quick tour or allow me to be their guest so I could possibly get to know the place/learn all the details about how things work around there.

Sorry; I had no intention of writing an essay! Thank you very much and I look forward to hearing back from some of you!

Take care!

-Kyle

Last edited:
Thanks Michael!

I just checked out their site.. I'm just a little confused about the cost. From what I read, it seems like it's 75 to get in, and then 100 dollars annually? and then another 100 dollars unless the four hours of work is completed?

If you could clarify that it would be a big help.

Thanks!

Whats up Kyle,

I can show you around HHRG ( I am a member) - send me a private message. I generally am only available weekends to do so.
Great club, good people.

Are you licensed?

Not sure what license you're referring to so...

I have my drivers license... And I am getting my FID within a few days or so. Just gotta make sure when I plan on going to get it that I don't have work lol.

:)

Not sure what license you're referring to so...

I have my drivers license... And I am getting my FID within a few days or so. Just gotta make sure when I plan on going to get it that I don't have work lol.

:)

Just a bit of knowledge for you - if someone asks if you have a license on a gun forum they are not seeking your drivers license status.

I take it your not 21 or you would be going for a LTC not FID.

Ask what questions you would like, but search the forum first to make sure it has not already been discussed. Enjoy the forum and the offer stands to check out the club.

Just a bit of knowledge for you - if someone asks if you have a license on a gun forum they are not seeking your drivers license status.

I take it your not 21 or you would be going for a LTC not FID.

Ask what questions you would like, but search the forum first to make sure it has not already been discussed. Enjoy the forum and the offer stands to check out the club.

So much for making a first impression; now I look like an idiot! Haha!

I apologize for that!

Anyways, yes you are correct. I am 17 and I will be getting my FID.

I'll pm you about the club.

Thanks!

Just busting chops - glad to see a young man interested in the shooting community.
Responded to your PM and look forward to showing you around the club.

Hi I'm a member of Haverhill. They shoot handguns on Tue nights or check out web page wwwhhrg.org I shoot sun trap but It's getting a little cold. They meet 1st Mon of the month at 7.30 pm. The app. is on web page. Hope to see you there. Robert

Kyle it was a pleasure hosting you at the club. Your a fine shot for not having much time behind the trigger. You made me look silly when you shot my carbine and was hitting black (which I had not). Glad to see your not afraid of the cold or getting yourself out there in the community. Hope to see you become a member and shoot with you again.

My open invitation stands to anyone that wants to see the club. I shoot there weekends mostly until it turns nice out then weeknights could work also. I will do the same at HSC to any shooters interested.

Once I get my FID and start making some purchases, all of us should try to get everyone who's a member there to meet up and have a mini-NES meet haha

well i started the membership process this past monday, place was packed with new members (10+)

going to the membership meeting this coming monday

seems like a fantastic club

Happy to see all the interest and new members. It is a nice club with good people.
I will be back there on Saturday 8am to 5pm finishing up my Hunters Ed. Maybe do some blasting if its decent when I am finished at class.

el duderino:2306181 said:
well i started the membership process this past monday, place was packed with new members (10+)

going to the membership meeting this coming monday

seems like a fantastic club

Ill be there, young guy wearing a camo hat, come say hello.
I was gonna say hi, but you disappeared outside after the meeting, I was the dude starting by the double doors that grabbed the flag

Back
Top Bottom