Haverhill Hound Rod and Gun

AFVet

NES Member
Does anyone here belong to Haverhill Hound Rod and Gun Club ? If you do can you let me know what you think about it please.. I need a club but as usual, Georgetown Fish and Game is not accepting new members. Thank You for your time... Paul

If you don't mind shooting through a giant drain pipe and can only shoot when a RSO is there, go for it. I left when the pipes were put in and RSO's that don't show when they are supposed to did it for me.

A lot of the people from the Haverhill area went to Andover Sportsmens Club. There is also Ipswich F&G, and Country Pond in Newton, NH

I just read about Country Pond on their web site, they look pretty cool with alot of activity. Tyvm for your help. Paul
It's a great club. Just over the border in NH. Lots of public events....well.....once the covid crap calms down......hoping we will be open completely again in June. Right now it's members only for outdoor range and trap. Indoor range is 24/7 up to 44 mag and can shoot piston cal carbines indoors 9mm and 38/357 mag. Will probably adjust that to allow 45acp carbines indoors soon. Outdoor range there is no cal restriction at all. Can shoot your own steel on the outdoor range with some minor rules on where they need to be placed.

We have lockers available for mass residents to store magazines that are not "welcome" in mass. To join your best bet is attend some public events and get to know some folks and someone will likely sponsor you.

As others have said Haverhill gun club is quite restrictive and membership is falling because of it.

I'm fairly new to the HHRG club and we had lots of people joining when I was accepted. I haven't been there much to shoot. Everyone I've met there has been friendly. We had to take a class to be able to shoot without an RSO present. Maybe things are getting better at HHRG?

I'm fairly new to the HHRG club and we had lots of people joining when I was accepted. I haven't been there much to shoot. Everyone I've met there has been friendly. We had to take a class to be able to shoot without an RSO present. Maybe things are getting better at HHRG?
You should have joined country pond fish and game.
There you don't have to shoot through into metal pipe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom