• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Haven't seen this posted yet

Thanks for sharing Nickle. Your son was in the first article. Neat. I wish them well and Godspeed. They're all my heroes.

MrsWildweasel said:
Thanks for sharing Nickle. Your son was in the first article. Neat. I wish them well and Godspeed. They're all my heroes.

Thanks, I'd missed that one. He did tell me Wednesday that the locals down there are glad to see them. Here's the quote from the paper:

"It's nice and quiet. The people are friendly. They're happy to see us," said Sgt. Jimmy Farnsworth, 29, of Essex Junction as he smoked a cigarette at first light Thursday outside the gymnasium. He'd just finished patrolling for six hours.

If you ever meet him, you'll know why they appreciate him. Frequently, he's a better man than I am, and I'm told I'm pretty decent. (I gotta get rid of that reputation.)

Change? No, I can get my reputation for being a miserable old bastard back. Not within my Guard battalion, but at work I can.

The guys in my battalion know I was sending stuff overseas. Some stuff was small comfort items, some stuff was a little more "tactical" in nature.

Back
Top Bottom