• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

~ Have you tried one of these? . . .

dtopright.jpg

MRDial_DPM_Big_and_Small_Si.jpg

The Original MRDial
Has anyone tried these powder measure knobs built for the Dillon machines? Just wondering, I guess there are others on the market also. They do seem like they’d be better than what Dillon has on them now . . . unless they’ve changed since I purchased my Square-Deal.

Last edited:
One of my few frustrations with the wonderful quality of the Dillon is the stoopid way that they use those hex head powder adjustment screws.

I've looked at the various ways to get around it, such as the product that you show. However, I'm too cheap... I mean.... FRUGAL to spend the $$$ on the fancy dials. They're rather expensive.

~ Get the money up . . .

One of my few frustrations with the wonderful quality of the Dillon is the stoopid way that they use those hex head powder adjustment screws.

I've looked at the various ways to get around it, such as the product that you show. However, I'm too cheap... I mean.... FRUGAL to spend the $$$ on the fancy dials. They're rather expensive.

No way expensive Duke, only twenty bucks ($20) plus five for shipping. Just pawn a few pounds of your boat ballast and you can have a shiny bauble to brighten your life! [smile]

There is another version that is micrometer like that gets great reviews but is much more expensive.
I haven't heard anything about these, good or bad. These look like glorified large thumb screws though.

There is another version that is micrometer like that gets great reviews but is much more expensive.
I haven't heard anything about these, good or bad. These look like glorified large thumb screws though.

140.jpg

Here’s another one that’s made out of stainless steel bar stock, one solid piece, nothing to come loose. Twenty-three bucks and three bucks for shipping. Not too tough to take. Here’s what they advertise:

Last edited:
My boat keel and even the large stash of linotype have been reduced to a few mere buckets left.

No more pawning or selling lead or lino for me.

I'll deal with the wrench......

No way expensive Duke, only twenty bucks ($20) plus five for shipping. Just pawn a few pounds of your boat ballast and you can have a shiny bauble to brighten your life! [smile]

I once heard that Dillon used the hex bolt as a safety feature. A finger adjustable powder bar my become the victim of some tampering with disastrous results.

Back
Top Bottom