Have you gotten your M1 Garand yet?

Ehh, ammo is not easy to find. The commercial stuff was stupid expensive when it was available. The cheap Greek stuff is long gone.

I'll be blowing through 5.56 and 7.62 way before I pull out the garand and start f***ing with enbloc clips.

Assuming the worst case scenario and the Dem’s win everything, having an M1 Garand is a good insurance policy. In all of their “assault weapon” bans/confiscation proposals, the M1 is always specifically exempted (tough to ban something that .gov or it’s chartered agent has been selling for the past 70 years).
I still haven't got around to ordering one. Hopefully I'll get one before they dry up. I always plan on getting one then something else shiny catches my eye. As far as Ban or confiscation goes. f***em, No one's taking my guns.

I still haven't got around to ordering one. Hopefully I'll get one before they dry up. I always plan on getting one then something else shiny catches my eye. As far as Ban or confiscation goes. f***em, No one's taking my guns.

It's a ridiculous premise for getting one. You're gonna hand over all your guns, 'cept the garand? That happens, maybe, to be "exempted"? Silly.

It's a ridiculous premise for getting one. You're gonna hand over all your guns, 'cept the garand? That happens, maybe, to be "exempted"? Silly.
Actually I wouldn’t get one just to avoid a gun ban, but I figured it was a good excuse to get people to start thinking about them. As far as I’m concerned, every American shooter should have at least one M1 Garand. But it is a fact that every (and I mean every) proposed assault weapons ban has included a carve out for the M1.

Actually I wouldn’t get one just to avoid a gun ban, but I figured it was a good excuse to get people to start thinking about them. As far as I’m concerned, every American shooter should have at least one M1 Garand. But it is a fact that every (and I mean every) proposed assault weapons ban has included a carve out for the M1.

Too late. They're too expensive now, not just to purchase but also to shoot. Shame, sure, but reality.

I think we need a 'WTF Is Wrong With NES' thread to rival the Florida thread.

First it was basement trolls criticizing a hot Latina facing a robbery with a gun. Now we have obvious Maura plants criticizing excuses to buy a gun.

There is no such thing as a lame excuse to buy a gun.

Good gawd, I should just give up and join a more intellectual forum like arf-com.

Too late. They're too expensive now, not just to purchase but also to shoot. Shame, sure, but reality.
Naw, they’re relatively cheaper than ever, particularly if you reload. Even if you don’t reload, you can get M2 ball from the CMP for $.92 per round, only about 20 cents per round more than green tip is going for now-a-days. With the rack grade special still at $650 (free shipping and no sales tax), they really can’t be beat in today's screwy market.

ETA: And that’s for Creedmoor new, unfired Hornady brass and bullet. Not some old milsup.

Just buy one. (or 2) They're a good heavy solid workhorse that are fun to shoot and admire. I have an April 1942 service grade and a 1945 field grade.(don't remember the month) Both are nice but I prefer my 42 just because it more than likely saw service in WW2 where the 45 was too late. Both were luck of the draw and both are Springfield rifles with the 42 having mostly Springfield parts and the 45 has a surprising amount of IHC trigger group parts. Just don't think about it for too long. They're only going up in price and quantities are getting lower.

I was looking at those $750 service grades, but I have the opportunity to purchase an absolute mint condition .308 chambered Garand for $900. Not sure which one to go with. I’d like the 30-06 because thats the original chambering, but man that .308 was nice.

For $900 I'd take the .308. I have M1's, but no .308. I waited too long when the CMP had them. They are scarcer and not really that different except maybe a little more accurate of a round.

IMO, assuming that the Dums will NOT go after even the M1 Garand is foolish. They want ALL guns out of our hands. It just MIGHT take them longer to go after the M1 than other things.

OP didn't get the memo, they want all semi-auto "assault weapons". 22 Long Rifle may be the one exception.

I was looking at those $750 service grades, but I have the opportunity to purchase an absolute mint condition .308 chambered Garand for $900. Not sure which one to go with. I’d like the 30-06 because thats the original chambering, but man that .308 was nice.
if your going to shoot it get the 308, easier to find ammo and a tad cheaper. Plus they shoot really nice

Naw, they’re relatively cheaper than ever, particularly if you reload. Even if you don’t reload, you can get M2 ball from the CMP for $.92 per round, only about 20 cents per round more than green tip is going for now-a-days. With the rack grade special still at $650 (free shipping and no sales tax), they really can’t be beat in today's screwy market.

ETA: And that’s for Creedmoor new, unfired Hornady brass and bullet. Not some old milsup.

Link to the CMP M2 ball? I don't see it.

But still, $.92/round is NOT CHEAP for any reasonable caliber. Doesn't matter if it's 5.56 or 30-06.

The M1 isn't a good buy right now.

I think we need a 'WTF Is Wrong With NES' thread to rival the Florida thread.

First it was basement trolls criticizing a hot Latina facing a robbery with a gun. Now we have obvious Maura plants criticizing excuses to buy a gun.

There is no such thing as a lame excuse to buy a gun.

Good gawd, I should just give up and join a more intellectual forum like arf-com.
right no lame excuse to buy.....but holy shit do I hear some lame excuses not to shoot. To heavy , to load , to long, I have to lay down? My rifle is only zeroed for 50 yards ...... :eek:

But still, $.92/round is NOT CHEAP for any reasonable caliber. Doesn't matter if it's 5.56 or 30-06.

That sucks. I ordered a case of 30-06 in March in anticipation for my first SG M1 Garand. I got it in July and still haven't shot it. Oh well.

How is FG $650, SG $750 expensive? It's a f***ing M1 Garand. I'd pay $1k for one.

That sucks. I ordered a case of 30-06 in March in anticipation for my first SG M1 Garand. I got it in July and still haven't shot it. Oh well.

How is FG $650, SG $750 expensive? It's a f***ing M1 Garand. I'd pay $1k for one.

Shit, I could be wrong. If 30-06 from the CMP is cheap (and almost $1/round isn't cheap), then go nuts. I don't see it on their online store.

My point, really, is that this isn't "THE time to buy an M1." That's long past. Do whatever the f*** you want though. All's good.

Shit, I could be wrong. If 30-06 from the CMP is cheap (and almost $1/round isn't cheap), then go nuts. I don't see it on their online store.

My point, really, is that this isn't "THE time to buy an M1." That's long past. Do whatever the f*** you want though. All's good.
.77 cents a round, could be cheaper elsewhere too.

Not the best price, but, AP bitches.

You can always get into reloading, that's what I did. I can make my own Garand ammo for about 30-35 cents per round.
And $750 or so for a CMP Garand is miles better than the $1200+ I often see in a shop or private sale.
Heck, $750 is less than most AKs or nice ARs.

Cheap compared to what? Something completely dissimilar like 9mm or crap AK fodder? It's all relative. However I would agree that .92 isn't cheap. $.60 would be cheap but those days are over unless some garbage corrosive ammo pops up.

Regarding M1 pricing, you are wrong. Unless you compare against the retarded "I remember when..." stories, M1 pricing via CMP has inflated only a little over the last 10 years. Private sales prices are roughly $200 to $300 over CMP unless someone gets lucky with something more collectible from the CMP. The current CMP supply of rifles comes from the Phillipine returns. When those run out, it's over.

Oh FFS both Federal and PPU sell M1 Garand specific ammo and the PPU is very good for both shooting and reloading. Last time I saw it the PPU was about 75 cents a round and came in a 50cal can.

As a NH resident, it would bug me terribly that I’d have to keep any guns hidden away, out of sight, and only shoot my “legal” guns at the range. But we’d see a new Next-Gen Fudd-2 class of members that were “looking out for the best interests of the club” that would turn you in for an “illegal” gun if they saw it. Hence, suppressors in the woods...

If a banned suppressed firearm is discharged in the woods and no nobody hears it, was there a banned firearm? Hmmm...

Back
Top Bottom