Have you ever...

Have you ever had a gun that you thought looked awesome but no matter how many times you buy and sell different versions of it you don't like it?

Sig 229/226 and any cz75 variant. I think they are sexy guns but I don't like the trigger on either case and never end up keeping them. But every time I see a new variant or just a different color scheme I'm like ooo maybe that will be the one.

Sell? What is this word?
Never sold a gun ever.

If I did sell one I didnt like I'd be darned if if by the same thing again. And I'd be double damned sure I'd never buy a gun based on looks....especially if I already tried one and knew the trigger sucked. This whole concept is just not making sense to me.

Never sold a gun ever.

If I did sell one I didnt like I'd be darned if if by the same thing again. And I'd be double damned sure I'd never buy a gun based on looks....especially if I already tried one and knew the trigger sucked. This whole concept is just not making sense to me.

Everything is bought based on asthetics. I'd have 300 guns if I kept every one. And id shoot20 of them maybe. It's not about looks entirely either. Or a bad trigger sometimes you just get one and your like eh not what I thought

For me it’s more a style than an individual gun. I LOVE the look of revolvers. No matter if they are shiny, brushed, black, long and skinny, or short and fat! I’ve owned a gp100 (4inch), and two LCR (9mm and .357 magnum). Such cool classic good looking guns. I just can’t hold them right. I learned to shoot later in life, and learned using semi autos, so I just can not break the two thumbs forward grip. Coupled with xl glove hands, and I’ll end up blowing a thumb off! Also shot friends revolvers (s&w etc) amazing triggers, amazing machines, I just can’t use one properly. I really like the ideas, rugged, simple, reliable, and instantly recognizable. Pull out a 4inch barreled revolver at night, in a poorly lit area, everyone still knows what your holding! Whip out a p938, with said xl hands, in the same conditions, and no one knows what I’m holding till it starts pew pewing. Sigh, your making me want to trade for a revolver, that I’ll trade away again....

Plenty. I've had a couple Para double-action 1911-ish guns. Love em. Mine work(ed) great. And they are a brick, so I'm never going to carry them.

I had a Sig P239. Partially b/c Scully carried one on one season of X-Files. Gosh she was hot with that gun. I still love the look. (Both, FWIW). But I don't want another one. High bore axis. Heavy. DA/SA. Yada yada.

Plenty. I've had a couple Para double-action 1911-ish guns. Love em. Mine work(ed) great. And they are a brick, so I'm never going to carry them.

I had a Sig P239. Partially b/c Scully carried one on one season of X-Files. Gosh she was hot with that gun. I still love the look. (Both, FWIW). But I don't want another one. High bore axis. Heavy. DA/SA. Yada yada.
I'm right there with you on sig......same reasons. Great reliable and we'll built just not my thing.

However the sig 1911 I recently bought is my new favorite handgun.

I have a couple of Sigs that just sit in the safe and a 92FS that just don’t work for me.

A good gunsmith can work wonders with the most ornery sidearm, My P220 went to Sig for a trigger job, Came back like a new Lady, Take that 92 put in a D spring and some polish and you'll be surprised.

Garand.

I love the history and so wanted to like it. Bought one and think it sucks. Oh well, I’m happier with my lever gun.

BLASPHEMY!!!

I feel like you just shot the tip of my penis off (and effectively the whole thing because there's not much more to it than that [just the tip])

I'm at a loss for words because I'm quite literally head over heels in love with the M1 platform rifles (to include the M14). I can't get enough of them...and when I think I did, I pick one up and it starts all over again and I start buying parts for another build!

It just goes to show you though...there's as many kinds of guns as there are shooters...and then some. That Florbert Parlor Rifle hasn't found it's hands just yet, but somewhere out there someone's just itching for that thing...of course that someone is probably in the arctic circle in some weird inescapable 13th dimension where all guns are AR's and AK's and the women all look like Farrah Fawcett.

Lol thank God for you guys I felt weird after the first few posts.

I'll say this sig 220 in 10mm is a fantastic beast.

That Florbert Parlor Rifle hasn't found it's hands just yet, but somewhere out there someone's just itching for that thing...of course that someone is probably in the arctic circle in some weird inescapable 13th dimension where all guns are AR's and AK's and the women all look like Farrah Fawcett.
Would you settle for Mariette Hartley and bearskins
(but not even any stone knives)?

Sig and CZ triggers can be improved exponentially with use and/or modification.
I keep buying more and I will never sell them.
This. You should not be limiting yourself based on the factory trigger of a CZ. That can be replaced/improved dramatically. I don't like the really curved factory triggers on the CZ75's because it pinches my finger. Solution, replace it with the old style 85C trigger that isn't as curved.

Then of course if you're referring to the trigger pulls, you can modify those with springs and other parts + polishing.

Back
Top Bottom