• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Have you ever...

Mil-Dot

Instructor
NES Member
purchased a firearm (that you really didn't want) only because the deal was too good to pass up?

I have recently purchased:

A mint Walther PPK Stainless for $100.00
I hate Walther handguns but maybe I can pass it on to my daughter sometime down the road.

A LNIB 3rd Gen Glock 21 for $250.00
I love Glock handguns but not in .45.

Since you seem to be having buyer's remorse, let me come help you out. I'll be happy to relieve you of both and you can even make a small profit...

Yes, I was at a Scott Surplus monthly auction and a Dan Wesson revolver (Model 14 IIRC) was going for too cheap money so I stupidly bought it for ~$80 IIRC. Didn't really like the gun and it was pure hell selling it. I don't think I got all of what I paid for it either. It came with 2 different barrels (screwed in and easily replaceable, which is what peaked my interest in that gun).

On two separate occasions, I had people that wanted to sell multiple guns at once. First was a Glock 19, but I had to buy the Savage 12 gauge he had as well. The second time was for two S&W revolvers, a .22 K-17 and a model 60 snubnose 38 but I had to take a Browning shotgun and a Winchester 22 with them.

On one or two occasions I have been there and done that. I try to stop the impulse purchase, I think I am even worse with group buys here on NES. Do I really need that sure why not...

Cant say I have. There have been a few that I was on the fence about, then I had another beer and clicked "confirm order", knowing that I love lead launchers of all kinds.

purchased a firearm (that you really didn't want) only because the deal was too good to pass up?

I have recently purchased:

A mint Walther PPK Stainless for $100.00
I hate Walther handguns but maybe I can pass it on to my daughter sometime down the road.

A LNIB 3rd Gen Glock 21 for $250.00
I love Glock handguns but not in .45.

Could be worse...you could have gotten screwed on pricing...either one willl get you a fair profit.

You sound like my father.... "so someone came in to the store and offered to sell me a gold coin from a ship wreck for 50 bucks and a thirty pack". How come I can never find those awesome deals?! Instead I always get the "hey wanna buy my daisy bb gun for $1000 bucks"

I just bought a vettereli rifle at an auction for $60. I didn't want it, but it was only $60 so now I have a rifle I can't shoot for no reason other than it was cheap.

IMG_2736.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, just bought a 2 fer deal... a beautiful SKS with the AK mag conversion and a brandy new LC9... Love the SKS, it shoots like a dream and didn't skip a beat after shooting about 3-4 30 round mags full of 7.62.... the LC9 on the other hand, is a junk, it shot fine, but just isn't what I am used to. It does fit a need though, pretty small framed 9mm that fits in my pocket.. it shakes, rattles and rolls.. the trigger is about a 2 mile pull, hope I never have to dump a mag in a hurry, the release button is almost flush with the grip.. but it did shoot fine so far with about 100 rounds through it. The price was right for the 2 of em..

Yup, a (Turkish?) copy of a Walther PP .32, whose l/h side of the slide
has a LASERED "Zella-Mehlis" inscript and a poorly made Walther logo.
However, she functions nicely and I couldn't pass at 40 bucks.

Yes, I was at a Scott Surplus monthly auction and a Dan Wesson revolver (Model 14 IIRC) was going for too cheap money so I stupidly bought it for ~$80 IIRC. Didn't really like the gun and it was pure hell selling it. I don't think I got all of what I paid for it either.

Unbelievable. When did that happen? In the '80s?

And yes, I plead guilty, too. 2 years ago I saw a brand new 5'' Kimber SIS for $895 OTD. I just couldn't put it down.

Happens constantly. The worst is when its already a good deal and you say maybe and the seller goes well how about I throw in some extra mag? then out comes the credit card.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom