• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Have the chance to buy a .50 cal

dhuze

NES Member
An island surrounded by land on three sides
So I have the chance to pick up what might be a DE .50 cal from a friend of a friend. He has to get rid of it and I can get it for $500. We are reasonably sure it's a Desert Eagle, but I am waiting for pictures. My biggest problem is I have small hands and when I shoot these they almost come free of my grip. By almost I mean I am only holding part of the grip when I shoot a round. I should probably still pick it up just because of the price. Again I have to see it first. Any thoughts? For $500 it should be a good buy right?

Oh and he has two other rifles for another $300. I do not know what they are yet. Since they are coming from another state I will also have to do a dealer transfer.

For 500....I can't believe you're even asking us. Buy the damn thing, now, or give me his number and I'll buy it haha.

Wow thats a horrible price. Give me the guys number and I'll let him know what a jerk he is [wink]

On a serious note thats a great price. Buy it and if you dont like it double your money by selling it.

The DE .50 is a big gun, but you shouldn't have any problems shooting it unless you have elf hands.

ETA: And that's a great deal, I think the lowest I've ever seen one is $1100.

Well, for $500 you can get it and dump it and double your money. Depending on the model you might be able to convert it to .44 magnum, which is a hell of a lot more affordable if you are not reloading.

-Mike

I'd rather own a S&W 500 over a Desert Eagle about 100x over. Before I shot one I thought the desert eagle was pretty cool but...I dunno...it didn't do it for me. S&W 500 on the other hand...now THAT is a fun gun to shoot.

The S&W 500 is far superior to the Desert Eagle. Even at $800, it's not a bad price (obviously, if you can talk him down, do it). They retail in the neighborhood of $1000, and 15 rounds down the pipe is not bad at all.

Are you kidding? I paid double that. Buy the damn thing now. Once you get the half inch bug, you'll want more. The DE is a cool range gun and people are in awe of the size and will want to shoot it. The SW 500 is an attention whore and people might want to shoot it. Ask me how I know. [wink]

Oh and not to be picky, but it’s a .50AE.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom