• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Have Ruger MK II .22lr dried up in MA?

Been trying to find an all-steel MKII for a while now and have had a devil of a time locating one. One is listed at the Four Seasons used gun section, but it looks like they've already sold this gun and just haven't updated the site yet.

Anyway, if anyone knows of a shop that might have one I can look at, that would be great.

Any reason you don't want a MKIII instead?

I've got a stockpile of MK II mags I want to take advantage of. Also, I'm not too crazy about all the new safety features they added on.

Thanks, Andy. I'll pay them a visit. I didn't see it there the last time I stopped by.

I was at FS yesterday, they had 4-5 rugers in the case. I didnt look too close, but I saw some of the older ones (red crest) in there. They seem to update pretty quick, bought the PD they had, and it was off the list when I got home a few hours later. Give 'em a call, can't hurt to ask someone whos standing right there.

I was actually there Tuesday morning. The one with the red crest is a MK I. The MK II was not in the case. One of the salesmen told me that it's most likely sold and they haven't updated the site yet.

I was actually there Tuesday morning. The one with the red crest is a MK I. The MK II was not in the case. One of the salesmen told me that it's most likely sold and they haven't updated the site yet.

My mistake, I didnt look too close because I wasnt interested, just glanced past them and on over to the M&P's, caught a glimps of red on one of the grips. I always call ahead just to double check if i want something specific, because most shops are a far enough distance from me. A call is free, fuel isnt.[laugh]

I've got a stockpile of MK II mags I want to take advantage of. Also, I'm not too crazy about all the new safety features they added on.

I was about to point out that the Mark II and the Mark III use the same mags (if you don't have the /45 style) and then I read your second sentence. I agree completely with you - so much that I sold my Mark III and went looking for a II. (found it, too, and no, you can't have it). Keep looking; it's worth it. The Mark II is the best of the three models, IMHO.

Are you sure about the mags? None of my MKII mags have the cutout notch that engages the thumb mag release like the ones for the MKIII. I heard the older MKII guns can use the MKIII mags, but not the other way around (which sort of makes more sense).

In any case, I was going to stop by Collector's today, but when I called, the person who answered the phone told me they just sold the pistol about an hour ago. Oh well, back to my search.

I do have a MKII Competition Model that I cherish, but was looking to get another one (any variant). Just not sold on the MKIIIs.

Are you sure about the mags? None of my MKII mags have the cutout notch that engages the thumb mag release like the ones for the MKIII.

I didn't think that all the Mark IIIs had the 1911-style mag release - if they do, then I'm wrong about the interchangeability.

WOOT! Thanks for everyone who replied. Someone at another forum caught sight of MKII over at Blue Northern in Ayers. A quick phone call to confirm and on the road I went. They had a 5 1/2 inch blued target model that was in great shape for $275. Needless to say, it went home with me. It also came with a throw in set of unused Ruger scope mounts and rail that was meant for the Competition Model. My CM was missing this when I got it and now I finally have a set to 'complete' that gun as well. What a great day! Thanks, Brian.

Back
Top Bottom