• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Have been waiting 12 weeks now for my permit

Venomousgrin

NES Member
I live in everett, and i Had my meeting and they put everything in the computer in mid august. Should i call them and see what is going on, or just wait it out

It took nine weeks and three days for my in Plymouth, but it did come in the mail. I wanted to call pretty bad, but I kept telling myself that I'd call if it "wasn't there by Monday". It ended up coming on a Monday.

Just relax.... it will come. All good things come to those who wait. But I remember back in 88 when I got my first one. I kept asking my Dad every other day..... "did it come in?"

Go stock up on ammo and assesories for your new LTC

Good luck

Rob

Just relax.... it will come. All good things come to those who wait. But I remember back in 88 when I got my first one. I kept asking my Dad every other day..... "did it come in?"

Go stock up on ammo and assesories for your new LTC

Good luck

Rob

Ive been doin the same thing, calling home asking. Found out it came in at the PD today so i gotta pick it up before i head into work.

Slugworth just wait it out you'll get it and hopefully it's ALP, i dont even have the money to get a pistol but i really wanted to get my LTC.

I almost died and mine was at 6 weeks. I applaud your patience so far. It will come. Just remember, once you have it the first time you never need to wait again.

I'm just hitting the 4 week mark in Framingham. If I knew I was geting an LTC A ALP the wait wouldn't be a big deal but the unknown combined with the waiting is not fun right now.

Ya...Stoneham.

I couldnt' believe it myself. That being said, I still hauled ass down to the PD within minutes of whatever I was doing at the time!

Yeah I hauled to my PD and then had to wait two grueling hours for my friend to get out of work (I promised him I would take him) to get my 1911.......I may have checked the clock 3x a minute haha

im still waiting in medford already got my pics and prints done, was wondering how they would contact me would it be by mail or phone?

I'm just hitting the 4 week mark in Framingham. If I knew I was geting an LTC A ALP the wait wouldn't be a big deal but the unknown combined with the waiting is not fun right now.

Framingham? You should get ALP without a problem. That being said, it took 11 weeks for me (in Framingham), though there were a couple of snafus that probably could have been avoided had I been better prepared. It took 6 weeks after fingerprinting, although I was told 2-3 weeks is normal.

Framingham? You should get ALP without a problem. That being said, it took 11 weeks for me (in Framingham), though there were a couple of snafus that probably could have been avoided had I been better prepared. It took 6 weeks after fingerprinting, although I was told 2-3 weeks is normal.

Thanks for the info. I'm 4 weeks in from fingerprinting and 5 weeks from the time I actually applied. I'm hoping that they would have told me of any issues they might have with me prior to fingerprinting. They handed me my file to carry into the officer doing the fingerprints and I noticed a checklist on the top with steps they have worked on and several things were checked off. I do have a few prior arrests. All were CWOF and over 20 years ago. I haven't even had a speeding ticket since but I'm not counting on anything until I have it in hand. BTW: Did they conduct an interview with you? Did they contact you or did it just show up in the mail?

I'm sure this isn't the place to ask (although I have searched), what is the purpose of the References/do they contact them? If in x years there is an incident, do they hold them responsible for vouching for you, etc? Was just always curious about that.

Back
Top Bottom