Have anyone seen a Colt LE6920 in MA

Unfortunately colt doesn't make compliant models for ban states, so MA dealers have to convert them themselves before selling them. The work needed to be done obviously cuts right off of their profit, so not many dealers go through the trouble. They can still be found however, you might want to try asking a dealer directly to order one for you.

Unfortunately colt doesn't make compliant models for ban states, so MA dealers have to convert them themselves before selling them. The work needed to be done obviously cuts right off of their profit, so not many dealers go through the trouble. They can still be found however, you might want to try asking a dealer directly to order one for you.

I'm no expert, but the Colt MT6400 is a ban-compliant model available in MA. I know a MA resident who purchased one in MA from a MA dealer.

Saw it on their site, it is the CA Spec model, but I can't find anything about MA.

As a AR newbie, how much does it cost to have someone to pin the stock, and cut the bayonet to make it MA comp.

If your LE buy one from from an FFL in a free state and have your FFL do the transfer. If your not LE then start looking at another model.

If I had a sister I would kiss her deeply long before I would ever neuter a Colt 6920. Every time someone neuters something like a 6920 or a 6940 god tosses a puppy and a kitten into a wood chipper somewhere. [thinking]

-Mike

If I had a sister I would kiss her deeply long before I would ever neuter a Colt 6920. Every time someone neuters something like a 6920 or a 6940 god tosses a puppy and a kitten into a wood chipper somewhere. [thinking]

-Mike

Well, you are just switching off a stock - that could be put on again.
Then, you are getting a great brake instead of the flash hider.
All you are losing is the bayonet mount.

Besides, if you kiss your sister deeply for that long of a time, you may just be going down on a slippery slope.

Would like to know how much MA dealer is asking for one these days

I got an email from MFS on May 5th that included the following info; hope this helps:

Colt AR-15's and 5.56mm Ammo In Stock

Colt makes some of the highest quality AR-15's you can buy. Mass Firearms School has partnered with 1776 Gunsmithing to bring Mass compliant Colt's to our customers at unbelievable prices.

Colt M4 Carbine LE6920:
Cost: $1,299.95

Each rifle comes with a 10 round magazine and a fully extended pinned stock.

GFA in Natick usually has compliant 6920's in stock.. GFA is an 07 manufacturer so they can do the conversions

What makes you say this??? LE can't buy anything citizens* can't absent a letter from their department stating its for duty use. I'm not aware of many depts in MA that even give the avg cop a "patrol rifle", much less let them go out selecting and purchasing their own. Are there maybe a handful of chiefs who are willing to write letters for anything officers want to buy? Could be but I know for a fact its neither widespread nor common if its happening at all.

You have not the first clue what you are talking about, apparently. Cops have no special gun buying privileges off duty. Where they have all the unofficial privilage is in possessing what ever the fuk they want because, you know, cops don't jam up other cops.

If the OP wants a 6920, he might have to jump through extra hoops and shell out $ but he can get it and others here have touched on that process. Where there is a will (and $$$), there is usually a way when it comes to firearms in MA. Just depends on how much money you have and how much BS you want to go through.

*cops are citizens but just using common nomenclature to distinguish here.

Yes it can be done by us lowly civilians. But a lot if FFL's don't want to because they are scared. Plenty of retired LEO's have bought LE models where I could not. Plenty of retired LEO's have bought Gen4 glocks where I could not. if people want to jump through hoops, overpay and then neuter a firearm fine.

I got an email from MFS on May 5th that included the following info; hope this helps:

Colt AR-15's and 5.56mm Ammo In Stock

Colt makes some of the highest quality AR-15's you can buy. Mass Firearms School has partnered with 1776 Gunsmithing to bring Mass compliant Colt's to our customers at unbelievable prices.

Colt M4 Carbine LE6920:
Cost: $1,299.95

Each rifle comes with a 10 round magazine and a fully extended pinned stock.

That is pretty darn awesome.

I would like to know if they would add the Magpul MOE Non adjustable carbine stock.
I'd also want a BCM or Battlecomp brake on it.

I am glad that MFS is doing this for us.

Yea I was a bit ticked at myself for buying a Stag....a serviceable gun, but would have rathered to have had purchased a Colt.

That is pretty darn awesome.

I would like to know if they would add the Magpul MOE Non adjustable carbine stock.
I'd also want a BCM or Battlecomp brake on it.

I am glad that MFS is doing this for us.

In addition to the vast majority of them absolutely sucking completely, just another way MA FFLs routinely kick us to the curb. Stop selling off list guns to retired LEOs or active LEOs for non duty use and you will get a whole chunk of population with sympathy on Beacon Hill who start bitching about "the list". Maybe something would change then. It will be a cold day in hell before we see the offending FFLs quit their BS though.

It strikes me that at best Beacon Hill would make an exception for LEOs that would not help the rest of us.

Being required to do that is beyond ridiculous. Rather than vandalize the rifle, I would just buy something else.

Just put on the Magpul MOE Fixed Carbine stock: it goes right onto the original carbine receiver tube.

A nice muzzle brake is a nice thing.

All you loose is the bayonet lug.

I know it sucks to do it but you are better off with a made compliant Colt then with a lesser rifle.

Just put on the Magpul MOE Fixed Carbine stock: it goes right onto the original carbine receiver tube.

A nice muzzle brake is a nice thing.

All you loose is the bayonet lug.

I know it sucks to do it but you are better off with a made compliant Colt then with a lesser rifle.

It's still lame as hell. Why ruin a perfectly good rifle? Build out something else instead of taking something nice and ruining it.

I ****ing hate muzzle brakes, with a few narrow exceptions, too.... meh. The BattleComp and the Carlson Mini don't piss me off much.

-Mike

It's still lame as hell. Why ruin a perfectly good rifle? Build out something else instead of taking something nice and ruining it.

I ****ing hate muzzle brakes, with a few narrow exceptions, too.... meh. The BattleComp and the Carlson Mini don't piss me off much.

-Mike

I can see how you don't like my idea because it changes a perfect rifle.

But...

If you had to build a NEW rifle, you would still need all the characteristics I mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom