• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Haskinator choke tube for 870

Totally new to the shotgun scene.
My rem 870 came with a haskinator tactical choke tube I believe it is what they call cylinder bore.
guy at Dicks ( I know...) sold me rifled slugs to sight it in.
Can I shoot these with the haskinator on the gun?
what can I shoot/not shoot with the haskinator on the gun?
can I shoot/not shoot with no choke tube screwed in to the gun?
Just don't want to f... it up first time..
Thanks

I removed the Haskinator, I don't plan on breeching any doors in the near future. found a SKII choke for 12 bucks at The Gun Room in Shrewsbury.
Will This will be fine for buck shot?
Old school shop The Gun room. not alot of inventory, but the guy was pretty helpful...

I removed the Haskinator, I don't plan on breeching any doors in the near future. found a SKII choke for 12 bucks at The Gun Room in Shrewsbury.
Will This will be fine for buck shot?
Old school shop The Gun room. not alot of inventory, but the guy was pretty helpful...

Yes it is safe to shoot buckshot through it. Depending on what you are using it for you could go tighter if you needed to.

Slugs can be fired through a choked barrel down through improved cylinder, so skeet which isn't as restricted as an IC would be fine. You do not want to shoot without a choke in place.

Slugs can be fired through a choked barrel down through improved cylinder, so skeet which isn't as restricted as an IC would be fine. You do not want to shoot without a choke in place.

Got it. thanks. What I meant to say was slugs should not be fired with anything tighter than a cylinder choke (0% choked). but you say that I can fire rifled slugs with a choke in place down to Improver Cylinder.
great,

Back
Top Bottom