• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Has the time arrived to buy an Easy Jig Gen 3 for an 80% AR Lower?

Reptile

NES Member
While at Lowes today picking up my Sure Fire batteries, I was literally drooling over the Craftsman tools.
I want to get a complete automotive tool set to replace my 25 year old Proto set.

I was also drooling over the Craftsman routers.
My saliva turned thick and my heart rate increased. I felt like i just plopped down on pervert row.
Rows and rows of Craftsman tools.
Never been to Lowes before because I used to be a Home Depot guy.

I need to buy some tools.

But what would I make?

Apparently the Easy Jig Gen 3 is pretty hot.
It's on back order now.

I have a number of stripped lowers buried in some 4 different states in PVC pipes but my creative juices are now flowing.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekdNbGHSquw

Why the hell don't you have a jig yet?

Next question, why the hell would you buy some shitty Chinese router? The Craftsman tools you can buy at Lowes are low-end Chinese built tools. Lowes is using the Craftsman name to replace their old Kobalt house brand. This is not your daddy's Craftsman brand.

Buy real tools.

Last edited:

Next question, why the hell would you buy some shitty Chinese router? The Craftsman tools you can buy at Lowes are low-end Chinese built tools. Lowes is using the Craftsman name to replace their old Kobalt house brand. This is not your daddy's Craftsman brand.

Buy real tools.
What is the best router for that jig?

Do they even make routers in the US anymore? :(

If you are going to buy Chinese you might as well go to Harbor Freight - you will feel much better burning out a $20 router than a $80 one with Craftsman on the label, made in the same Chinese factory.

Question: If they are buried in non-mASS states. . . . why not assemble them first???? I mean, you're going to have "go time" but call a 3 day time-out so you can drive to XY&Z, then come home, assemble the lowers, THEN hope you have enough uppers, THEN sight everything in.

I've been there. Trust me. But a gun not easily accessible is NOT a gun.

Question: If they are buried in non-mASS states. . . . why not assemble them first???? I mean, you're going to have "go time" but call a 3 day time-out so you can drive to XY&Z, then come home, assemble the lowers, THEN hope you have enough uppers, THEN sight everything in.

I've been there. Trust me. But a gun not easily accessible is NOT a gun.
Small containers.

Less damage from condensation.

Less expensive.

If the time comes to dig them up, I'll have bigger problems to worry about.

Buy real tools.

What’s the story on them getting rid of the Kobalt brand?

I am concerned about proper oil or lubrication to use on the project.

I've seen videos of people spraying lots of WD-40 on the drill bit while cutting.

That stuff is toxic.

Can I just use canola oil since that type of cooking oil is for high heat?

I also don't like all those shards or metal.

I hope to vacuum it all up and not step on the shards.

If youre worried about oil bring a 16oz bottle to my work and I'll give you cutting oil that we use in our machines. The chips aren't nearly as bad with the right lubricant.

If youre worried about oil bring a 16oz bottle to my work and I'll give you cutting oil that we use in our machines. The chips aren't nearly as bad with the right lubricant.
I appreciate the offer!!!

To far to travel, though.

Can I get it on Amazon?

While at Lowes today picking up my Sure Fire batteries, I was literally drooling over the Craftsman tools.
I want to get a complete automotive tool set to replace my 25 year old Proto set.

I was also drooling over the Craftsman routers.
My saliva turned thick and my heart rate increased. I felt like i just plopped down on pervert row.
Rows and rows of Craftsman tools.
Never been to Lowes before because I used to be a Home Depot guy.

I need to buy some tools.

But what would I make?

Apparently the Easy Jig Gen 3 is pretty hot.
It's on back order now.

I have a number of stripped lowers buried in some 4 different states in PVC pipes but my creative juices are now flowing.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekdNbGHSquw

Keep those creative juices flowing. You can never have enough in times of crisis!

The router makes a big mess with the chips, even with the vacuum attached. A person could make an enclosure with tarps around the area of your workbench. Tape the tarps to the floor and ceiling, then the chips don’t fly as far and clean up is a little easier.

I am concerned about proper oil or lubrication to use on the project.

I've seen videos of people spraying lots of WD-40 on the drill bit while cutting.

That stuff is toxic.

Can I just use canola oil since that type of cooking oil is for high heat?

I also don't like all those shards or metal.

I hope to vacuum it all up and not step on the shards.
Cutting metal produces chips. Learn to clean up after yourself; it's really not that hard. If you put a little extra prep into your setup, cleaning will be easier. One of the members recommended tarps, that's not a bad idea. Without knowing the space you're working with, there's not a lot of specific guidance folks can offer.

That said, it sounds like you might be exactly the target market for a Ghost Gunner. It's American-made; comes with fixtures, tooling, and control software; and it keeps 99.9% of swarf well-contained in the machine. When you're done, just move the machine and vacuum up the pile.

Back
Top Bottom