Has someone had a LEO encounter with a non serialized firearm

EX. p80 "Glock".
Has this been tested yet? In MA?

Ignoring the usual if they are checking for a SN if you more to worry about.

I see that people EFA-10 them NA on the application when they buy the non-serial variant. Now if you have two of them EFA-10 who knows what is what?

Could have assembled and still be within the 7 day window...
I am going more with you built this 6 months ago, you "register" it, still no serial number on it.
In some legal portion of your day a LEO gets control of this and checks for a SN. (because Mass)
These officers are far from lawyers.

I am going more with you built this 6 months ago, you "register" it, still no serial number on it.
In some legal portion of your day a LEO gets control of this and checks for a SN. (because Mass)
These officers are far from lawyers.
Don't carry a p80 for self defense and don't keep one by the night stand. Legal thing... you'd be demonized so fast as a gun crazed anti gov psychopath if you ever had to use it in self defense.

[...]which requires some form of SN. So no SN would mean that it was never eFAed?
No, it doesn't. In addition to home-built firearms, it was common for older firearms to not have serial numbers. They weren't even required until the Gun Control Act of1968.

As noted, people who register via eFA-10 often put "NSN" (for No Serial Number) in that space.
Says there has to be a serial number but there's no requirement that it be specific or even unique. I bet there are a pile of handguns out there that the state expects to have "NA" carved into the frame...
"Says" where? Can you give a citation, please? There are all sorts of fields in the form that aren't required by law.

To the OP's question, I have only heard of people in unlawful possession finding themselves in trouble for a P80, but that doesn't mean that legal gun owners haven't been jammed up too.

No, it doesn't. In addition to home-built firearms, it was common for older firearms to not have serial numbers. They weren't even required until the Gun Control Act of1968.

As noted, people who register via eFA-10 often put "NSN" (for No Serial Number) in that space.

"Says" where? Can you give a citation, please? There are all sorts of fields in the form that aren't required by law.

To the OP's question, I have only heard of people in unlawful possession finding themselves in trouble for a P80, but that doesn't mean that legal gun owners haven't been jammed up too.
I should have framed it as a question, IANAL. Deleted so as not to muddy waters

EX. p80 "Glock".

a brand new Gen5 glock can be bought here in MA, 100% legally, for a $299 frame and $399 slide price. a $700 total.
why would anyone in a sane state of mind want to mess with a P80 build - is beyond me.
especially when a case of ammo for it costs more than a gun itself.

I see that people EFA-10 them NA on the application when they buy the non-serial variant. Now if you have two of them EFA-10 who knows what is what?
So there's two forms at the state without serial numbers. So what? If you have two of them and you've also filed twice, who cares which is which?

Now, in my case, when I finish the second one it will have a different barrel length on the form than the first, but neither will have a S/N.

a brand new Gen5 glock can be bought here in MA, 100% legally, for a $299 frame and $399 slide price. a $700 total.
why would anyone in a sane state of mind want to mess with a P80 build - is beyond me.
especially when a case of ammo for it costs more than a gun itself.
Some people like to machine and build things. I made my AR lowers from 0% just for fun and custom mods.

It's a pleasant mechanical build and you can select individual components that suit your fancy as you build it. When I finish the G17C build, it will have a slide precut for a Trijicon and be less than $600 (excluding the RDS and suppressor height sights).

It's a pleasant mechanical build and you can select individual components that suit your fancy as you build it.
to each his own. i saw it and i do not like p80 plastic and do not think it is worth any effort. and, price wise, it is not that much cheaper at all, now.
as you say - less than $600, so, the whole effort is to get a gen3 sub-optimal non-factory clone, to save whole, say, a $100-$200 over a brand new gen5 factory gun?
what for?

to each his own. i saw it and i do not like p80 plastic and do not think it is worth any effort. and, price wise, it is not that much cheaper at all, now.
as you say - less than $600, so, the whole effort is to get a gen3 sub-optimal non-factory clone, to save whole, say, a $100-$200 over a brand new gen5 factory gun?
what for?
Stashing away for later use. The best way to get me to buy something is to have some politician say that they should be banned.

what for?
Same reason you buy a burner phone.

what for?
Well, sub-optimal certainly sounds like a sour grapes assertion. My G19 clone is a nice shooting gun that runs reliably. Not sure why I would consider it "sub-optimal". Plus, last time I looked, $100 to $200 off was 15% to 30% less than list. That's past my definition of "not that much",

EX. p80 "Glock".

If you have a "leo encounter with a firearm" in any serious way you have bigger problems to worry about.

Even the hairiest one I've ever had where I thought the dude was going fishing trawler on me the guy still didn't want to see my
gun.

Well, sub-optimal certainly sounds like a sour grapes assertion. My G19 clone is a nice shooting gun that runs reliably. Not sure why I would consider it "sub-optimal". Plus, last time I looked, $100 to $200 off was 15% to 30% less than list. That's past my definition of "not that much",

P80 frames are dog shit grade polymer though compared to a real glock frame. The only upshot to a P80 is there's no paper. He's right about that end of it. That's a pretty big upshot, though.

Also when you include the value of the time wasted the "price" thing turns into a fools errand.

Much like the same kind of faggotry surrounding "conversion barrels" and other stupidity like that.

At least the P80 though "has a reason" to exist compared to a conversion barrel. At least I understand why someone would want to build out a P80.

The people who build a P80 and then FA-10 it though? that's basically dick-self-punching, right there. [rofl]

Don't carry a p80 for self defense and don't keep one by the night stand. Legal thing... you'd be demonized so fast as a gun crazed anti gov psychopath if you ever had to use it in self defense.
I'm not afraid of doing something that is legal.....with something that is also legal.

I'm not afraid of doing something that is legal.....with something that is also legal.
You rich? Figure the same as home rolled ammo... sure its legal and yeah you probably win but it'll drag out longer and why would you subject yourself to that if you have a perfectly good factory gun around

110% ayoob glue fumes, some of you guys have to stay away from that jar of rubber cement with his face on it..... I know it brings back childhood memories and shit, but..... [rofl]

I used to have a meme for this occasion, but can't find it now.

What is there to test? I don't understand the OP's question.
The test would be has any unlucky soul had an encounter with a modern NSN firearm that was "registered" and what was the result lol
Either a traffic stop, surrender due to RO, lawful use, other MA BS, etc.

Say a p80 build with a pre ban magazine. News story "Local man Mike Smith wife put a restraining order on him and local police searched his home founding a GHOST GUN with a FULLY LOADED HIGH CAPACITY magazine"

Last edited:
You rich? Figure the same as home rolled ammo... sure its legal and yeah you probably win but it'll drag out longer and why would you subject yourself to that if you have a perfectly good factory gun around
P80 or a P226 will cost you the same amount in lawyers.

Back
Top Bottom