Has RI gone full Iron Curtain?

FiremanBob

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I read yesterday that all out-of-state visitors to Rhode Island will be intercepted by police and imprisoned in quarantine for two weeks, unless they are there for work. Is this true?

I need to pick up a trailer from a friend in Foster and drive it back to NH in order to get some animals and supplies for our farm. Does that count as work, or am I at risk of being seized and searched? How can I prove that I'm there for my business, and not to play golf? Is there some way I can get a pass from some authority to allow me to do this work task?

Ihre papieren, bitte!

The Anchor

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
car pool? headed to PVD to help my fiance clean out her basement in a bit. oh and grabbing some beer at Long Live, (arguably the best brewer in RI). she has a ton of bark, but no bite...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I went Sat. There wasn’t any issue from the north. I went in 295. No stopping. I have to go back today too so hope nothing changed.

RKG

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The RI orders, extreme as they may be where they apply, do not apply to people who aren't staying in RI.

Jason Flare

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have a boat in RI.

Here’s a “guidance” from RI dated April, 1.

The marina where I kept my boat, on a mooring, last Summer put out an email stating this:

The following guidelines were set into motion this morning April 3 at 0900 by the State of RI. Please understand these are not marina issued but State issued guidelines that we will be abiding by immediately.

1. There shall be no out of state residents allowed to work on their boats. This includes any contractors from out of state as well.

2. There shall be no recreational boating from out of state residents until further notice.

PATRON

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 99%
94   1   1
I know someone in the underground that could get you in for a price.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
1. Golf course only open to RI residents??? ????????

2. Quarantine if you get "caught." Quarantine where? In my car on the side of the road???? Or can I FREAKING GO HOME NOW? Stupid.

3. I know people like golf, but not THAT much. Sheesh.

4. Gina is just showing again she knows what is best for you. Just put her 100% in charge of everyone's life and you'll all be better off. Trust her. She knows. She knows.

Jason Flare

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This seems really inappropriate. Is there a definition for 'recreational'? As in not-commercial?
Those rules were made up by Prime Marina in East Greenwich. The RI guidance was not that screwed up.

Prime took the ball and went full retard.

ETA: Bristol Marine sent out rules in an email that were very reasonable.

Last edited:

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I have a boat in RI.

Here’s a “guidance” from RI dated April, 1.

The marina where I kept my boat, on a mooring, last Summer put out an email stating this:

The following guidelines were set into motion this morning April 3 at 0900 by the State of RI. Please understand these are not marina issued but State issued guidelines that we will be abiding by immediately.

1. There shall be no out of state residents allowed to work on their boats. This includes any contractors from out of state as well.

2. There shall be no recreational boating from out of state residents until further notice.
Do these idiots know that a guy working on his boat isn't likely to infect anyone? Don't go on the boat with him if you don't want to risk infection.

Jason Flare

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Do these idiots know that a guy working on his boat isn't likely to infect anyone? Don't go on the boat with him if you don't want to risk infection.
The idiots are at Prime Marina.

RI wasn’t quite that screwed up.

The actual guidance from the state is in the constant comment link I posted above.

The Anchor

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
well, i made it back, Federal hill, Long Live Brewery, Conimicut for a beer with my girl at her place, grabbed some wings at Wings on 5 in johnston, and then stopped at Bullseye in Woonsocket to see how bad they have been hammered on guns and ammo (surprisingly they had about 10k rounds of federal .223 for $250/500). oh and as i drove into Woonsocket south on 146, there was a SP car parked facing into traffic, parked under the powerlines at the old truck inspection area, me thinks he was there to scare the out of staters ( he was parked same spot on Monday). then as i was coming back into MA, i saw the LED sign that says " if your coming into MA, you should quarantine for 14 day, Stay Home ( or some verbiage to that effect).

Top Bottom