Has it come to this?

I'm looking to buy a couple of new pistols. Not to put in the safe but to shoot & enjoy. What is the most available caliber ammo avail these days? I have .22 & 9mm pistols & obviously not that easy to find these days. I want something I can find non-jacketed ammo for... Anyone?

I picked up an M&P 40 because its still somewhat possible to find ammo....I usually have to call around a bit and hit like 4 or 5 different gun shops but I've saved up about 1,500 rounds of .40 S&W FMJ over the past 3 weeks..not too bad lol...

Definitely an expensive round to shoot but hey 90% of the time i can find what i need

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'm looking to buy a couple of new pistols. Not to put in the safe but to shoot & enjoy. What is the most available caliber ammo avail these days? I have .22 & 9mm pistols & obviously not that easy to find these days. I want something I can find non-jacketed ammo for... Anyone?

Over the last 5 months I've been able to pick up more .40 then anything...BUT it's all becoming easier to find now, some of the larger gun shops are getting in good orders of things. I drove up to Shooters Outpost in NH for my last ammo run and they had a 10 box limit per caliber, and have continued to get lots of ammo in calibers.

Just start reloading, components are hard to find, but not impossible.

Chris

as a PSA:

RELOADING DOES NOT EQUATE TO BEING AN a**h*** BRASS RAT. JUST BECAUSE IT'S COMING OUT OF SOMEONE ELSE'S GUN DOES NOT MAKE IT FREE GAME AND, SUBSEQUENTLY, YOURS.

YOU, AS A RELOADER, ARE NOT ENTITLED TO OTHER PEOPLE'S BRASS. SO GET OFF OF MY ****ING NUTS AT THE RANGE.

THANK YOU.

Last edited:
as a PSA:

RELOADING DOES NOT EQUATE TO BEING AN a**h*** BRASS RAT. JUST BECAUSE IT'S COMING OUT OF SOMEONE ELSE'S GUN DOES NOT MAKE IT FREE GAME AND, SUBSEQUENTLY, YOURS.

YOU, AS A RELOADER, ARE NOT ENTITLED TO OTHER PEOPLE'S BRASS. SO GET OFF OF MY ****ING NUTS AT THE RANGE.

THANK YOU.

HOLY SHIT, WERE YOU SHOOTING AT MRA THIS SATURDAY AFTERNOON? THE BRASS RAT WAS BACK, BUT I HAD MY BUDDY WATCH 'MY PRECIOUS'

Pretty much any center fire. Can't shoot lead in any Glock, unless you change the barrel.

And, right now, I can get pretty much ANY caliber center fire ammo. Some jacketed, some lead only.

Just need to go to the right place for it. Might not be the cheapest stuff, but not gouged.

I'll make is simple for folks.

Some small Type 06 guys make ammo and make lead bullet ammo. Some of them make jacketed bullets. Some cast bullets. No shortage, IF you can shoot them.

Now, it's near impossible, and definitely impractical to reload rimfire ammo.

That said, boxer primed center fire ammo is reloadable, if the brass isn't crap.

Good choices are 38 Special, 357 Magnum, 9mm Luger, 40 S&W, 44 Magnum and 45 ACP. Also OK, not quite as good are 44 Special and 45 Colt. A little lower are 38-40 and 44-40.

Yup, a few of those sound crazy, but that's the truth. Just because YOU can't find ammo where you've looked, doesn't mean it isn't out there.

as a PSA:

THANK YOU.
Last time I saw a rat at the range I shot it, what's your problem!
Man up Dude!

The only ammo I have seen consistantly at the local store here is shotgun, 22-250 and 270. Yeah, I know, not much help for your handgun search.

HOLY SHIT, WERE YOU SHOOTING AT MRA THIS SATURDAY AFTERNOON? THE BRASS RAT WAS BACK, BUT I HAD MY BUDDY WATCH 'MY PRECIOUS'

Was said rat an older gentleman with a beard and probably shooting an AR?

Last time I was there he actually gave me attitude for picking up MY brass.

My club had a non-jacketed policy a few years ago.
I found lead 9mm, but my Beretta 92 didn't like it.
I shoot Lead 38 special in my .357
That seems to be more available than others
They since renovated the range and I can shoot jacketed again

as a PSA:

THANK YOU.

I have suspicion that the brass rat at my range stole a G3 mag pouch containing two loaded G3 mags. I was down range changing targets I noticed the rat was around my bench, then as I made my way back up range he quickly and suspiciously left the range. I figured he was just grabbing my brass but I didn't care my PTR destroys brass. But shortly after I realized I was two mags short and he was long gone.

Back
Top Bottom