• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Has Baker found a position on the AG's actions?

That's not where his finger went I assure you.

OeL4BoZ.gif

I called again today.
The aide said he can assure me the Governor Baker doesn't want to see me in prison.
Oh ya?
When did he say that?

Baker spoke on day one ... he stands with Maura ... that's all you really need to know.

He will say now whatever to whomever. I got a note from GOP camp saying that Baker "took tough stand opposing Healey" ... they probably sent the opposite message to their democrat contributors [rofl]

We are dealing with a whore.

I also reminded him that 400 k can double pretty guick.
Think my siblings or Mom will vote for a guy that wants to see me in thrown in jail ?
Even my non gun owner friends are pissed that they thought they were voting for a republican.
Shit, even Devalue was careful not to go full retard.
Who thought we would get worst ?

Baker spoke on day one ... he stands with Maura ... that's all you really need to know.

He will say now whatever to whomever. I got a note from GOP camp saying that Baker "took tough stand opposing Healey" ... they probably sent the opposite message to their democrat contributors [rofl]

We are dealing with a whore.

They really said that ?
Damn, they really do think we are stupid, don't they?
She already outed him as being in on it from the get go.
Maybe he can buy a house in NH next to Scotty after he loses in 2018.

As we all know, on day 1 he stated that the AG had the right to do this and that he supported the AWB. He's very, very ant-gun and we need to make sure his radical, lefty ant-2nn position is known to the national GOP leaders. This guy is a joke.

If it hasn't been done already, we should make it known through GOAL that the pro-2nd Amendment people will not be voting for him in 2018, so he might as well start packing his bags now.

They really said that ?
Damn, they really do think we are stupid, don't they?
She already outed him as being in on it from the get go.
Maybe he can buy a house in NH next to Scotty after he loses in 2018.

that same day (Wed) or the next he said that he stands and supports AG. There is a quote of that somewhere in the ban thread. Yes.

If it hasn't been done already, we should make it known through GOAL that the pro-2nd Amendment people will not be voting for him in 2018, so he might as well start packing his bags now.

Baker's position in support of this was odd, even given that he is known to be an anti. He basically came out and supported someone who is possibly going to be his major competition in the next Governor's race. I think he was surprised about two things here. The scope of the order and how many people are put at risk by it based on the wording. And I don't think he knew how much blow back there would be. So now he has shifted his position - even going so far as to write a letter to the AG. But he was for it before he was against it so we can't forget that. I wouldn't waste much time on him right now though and I don't think GOAL would bother. Based on what Jim Wallace said the other night at the membership meeting at Georgetown Fish & Game, I think GOAL knows the right way to go about things and Baker isn't a priority to deal with I wouldn't think.

Baker's position in support of this was odd, even given that he is known to be an anti. He basically came out and supported someone who is possibly going to be his major competition in the next Governor's race. I think he was surprised about two things here. The scope of the order and how many people are put at risk by it based on the wording. And I don't think he knew how much blow back there would be. So now he has shifted his position - even going so far as to write a letter to the AG. But he was for it before he was against it so we can't forget that. I wouldn't waste much time on him right now though and I don't think GOAL would bother. Based on what Jim Wallace said the other night at the membership meeting at Georgetown Fish & Game, I think GOAL knows the right way to go about things and Baker isn't a priority to deal with I wouldn't think.

It really seemed as though his initial reaction was a bit more nuanced. He didn't actually come out in favor of this action. He said the AG has authority to interpret and enforce the laws, he also says he supports the AWB. This is MA and the AWB is a political reality and a law that's been in place here since 1998. From a certain perspective, enforcing a law on the books is the appropriate action of the AG - is what he said. Now, if he had more clearly said he "supports the AWB as it is written" that would be a different story and a bit more in our favor.

So, I don't think he actually came out in support of her particular action. His letter to the AG, along with this public safety secretary, is pretty damning of her action, or at least the un-clarity and the process. We can throw him away as a waste and end up with Gov. Healey, or we can keep pushing him to follow up on his letter and see some action through to our benefit. It won't be the repeal of the AWB that we'd like - but I think it's realistic that with some pressure he might continue to push back against the AG's action.

Edit: I think it's also likely that he didn't really understand what she was doing. Possibly the only info he had was the "information" from the AG that she was going to step up enforcement of a long-standing law.

Last edited:
It really seemed as though his initial reaction was a bit more nuanced. He didn't actually come out in favor of this action. He said the AG has authority to interpret and enforce the laws, he also says he supports the AWB. This is MA and the AWB is a political reality and a law that's been in place here since 1998. From a certain perspective, enforcing a law on the books is the appropriate action of the AG - is what he said. Now, if he had more clearly said he "supports the AWB as it is written" that would be a different story and a bit more in our favor.

So, I don't think he actually came out in support of her particular action. His letter to the AG, along with this public safety secretary, is pretty damning of her action, or at least the un-clarity and the process. We can throw him away as a waste and end up with Gov. Healey, or we can keep pushing him to follow up on his letter and see some action through to our benefit. It won't be the repeal of the AWB that we'd like - but I think it's realistic that with some pressure he might continue to push back against the AG's action.

Edit: I think it's also likely that he didn't really understand what she was doing. Possibly the only info he had was the "information" from the AG that she was going to step up enforcement of a long-standing law.

after shitshow on Wed, on Thursday this came out:

Governor Charlie Baker, a Republican, indicated his support for Healey’s ban.

“Governor Baker supports the Commonwealth’s assault weapons ban, believes our comprehensive state gun laws work well in protecting the people of Massachusetts, and believes that the attorney general has the authority to enforce the law to crack down on the sale of guns that skirt the assault weapons ban,” said Billy Pitman, the governor’s press secretary.

Healey, very clearly answered a reporter that everyone who bought or possessed an "assault rifle" since 1998 has committed a crime but would not be prosecuted at this time. The Q&A section recording was scrubbed the same day and Maura kept changing her "interpretation" ever since then.

Basically, Baker was either completely clueless or he was supporting her interpretation. I really doubt the clueless part. It was mostly "let's see what happens" response a day later. He could have friggin call her cell phone and asked her himself if 400'000 new felons was a big deal to him.

No, Charlie was waiting which way the wind was blowing and it changed direction several times that week.

MASSGOP sent an email on Aug 3:

Republicans are standing up to Attorney General Maura Healey's vague and confusing proposal that could threaten Second Amendment protections in Massachusetts.

[rolleyes] I get that MAGOP is like D-light, but this is ****ing mockery.

In a letter last week, Gov. Baker pushed back hard, making clear that Healey's action "is so unclear that it might inadvertently prohibit many more guns, including pistols, that have long been legal in Massachusetts."

yeah, he pushed "hard" [rofl]

Last edited:
after shitshow on Wed, on Thursday this came out:
Governor Charlie Baker, a Republican, indicated his support for Healey’s ban.

“Governor Baker supports the Commonwealth’s assault weapons ban, believes our comprehensive state gun laws work well in protecting the people of Massachusetts, and believes that the attorney general has the authority to enforce the law to crack down on the sale of guns that skirt the assault weapons ban,” said Billy Pitman, the governor’s press secretary.

A plain reading of "skirting the ban" would be those selling "assault weapons as defined by the law as it is written".

We all know that Maura had something else in mind - but she WAS blowing smoke up the legislature's backside and I assume the governor got the same smoke. It really wasn't clear what she was doing. The Gov. should have known better, but there's plausibility that he didn't.

Oh man, the Baker slamming on this thread is hilarious [rofl]
I can't wait for myself and my family and friends to vote against him

"All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Charlie Baker has done nothing, and with his toleration has validated the abuse of the AG's office.

Charlie is useless. He knows nothing about guns or the law and, honestly, he doesn't want to know. It's not his thang.

Even so, you'd think that Maura unilaterally making hundreds of thousands of his supporters into instant felons would at least pique his interest. [thinking]

Last edited:
Charlie is useless. He knows nothing about guns or the law and, honestly, he doesn't want to know. It's not his thang.

Even so, you'd think that Maura unilaterally making hundreds of thousands of his supports into instant felons would at least pique his interest. [thinking]

SADLY, that would require a modicum of intelligence and at least one-half of a ball in his sack. Baker has neither. Even the sleaziest of stupid politicians know to watch out for what registered voters think!

I also reminded him that 400 k can double pretty quick.
Think my siblings or Mom will vote for a guy that wants to see me in thrown in jail ?
Even my non gun owner friends are pissed that they thought they were voting for a republican.
Shit, even Devalue was careful not to go full retard.
Who thought we would get worst ?

Can you also get them to vote against the A.G.? She won by 400,000 simpler solution get rid of her. There was never a law regarding reloading supplies shipped to your home, or Glocks being sold, these were all A.G. consumer protections going back three democratic A.G.'s?

If you think electing a Democrat to replace anyone in Mass is a challenge or win than you lost sight of the prize.

You can vote him out but don't forget who the real problem is. Maybe if he's is voted in and she is voted out than you might see real change. My Rep doesn't give a shit because he believes he stands no chance of losing his seat. He is a Democrat in a town where more than half the voters are of the same ethnic background. He does them favors they elect him.

P.S. I have also called his office and don't think he should get a free pass. Maybe no other Attorney General did this because their Democratic Governor at that time would have taken the heat?

Don't think this woman is stupid or doesn't have a agenda. She is saying Hillary look at me and my wife if you need to appoint Supreme Court Justices and anti gun Attorney Generals.

I know I am trying to turn voters one at a time but lets not lose sight of the forest through the trees.

If she is not elected in Mass. for whatever she runs for than all the Politicians will see it and hear it and take due notice.

If Baker loses and she wins than it's business as usual. No Legislator or Senator will give a shit and nothing will change and nothing we say will be heard.

Back
Top Bottom