• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Has anyone tried the Meprolight Micro RDS kit

I ordered one and wanted to know if anyone has tried it and does it work as advertised.

I want to try a red dot but I am not ready to cut my slide just in case I don't like it. This seem like a nice idea in theory, but not sure how it will work out. This will be for range fun and just use the iron sights for anything else.

If I did like it you can just buy the sites for other guns, including rifles and use 1 red dot.

I have not used this particular setup. I do have a similar setup on an M&P 9mm. It took some getting used to as the sight sits quite high above the bore axis. It is usable, but takes a lot of practice to get fast with it.

I have found that the red dot setups I have that are on cut slides are easier to use and require less time to get used to.

As a range toy, and as an intro to red dots, the Mepro setup may be worth a try.

I decided to return it as an RMR that was on back order finally came back in stock. Those RMR's in the configuration you want are hard to come by.

Back
Top Bottom