• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Has anyone seen one of these?

Hi All,

I have a cool little pistol here that came back with my Grandfather in WWII . It appears to be French made, and has custom grips (apparently made by my Gramps, and deteriorating) with a picture of my Grabdmother in them (the flash blurred the pic of her). The slide says Pistolet Automatique 635 "MAB" Brevette. I can't get any background on the gun as my Gramps died when I was 5 yrs old. Does anyone know this pistol, and if it has any value? It's 6.35MM, and appears to be fully functioning.

Gramps1_1024.JPG

Sorry for the blur....
Gramps2_1024.JPG

Thanks
Jr

Compliments of 2006 Standard Catalog of Firearms, 16th Edition by Ned Schwing

Bayonne, Manufacture D'Armes, Bayonne, France, aka MAB

MAB Model A
Manufactured in 1921 and chambered for the 6.35mm cartridge. Patterned after the Browning Model 1906. Squeeze grip safety with a 6-round magazine.
Exc - $250, VG - $150, Good - $90, Fair - $75, Poor - $50

That is a neat little pistol and with a great history. I would try to find some new grips if you are going to shoot it. That way the grips cant be damaged. I believe that is .25 Auto. If you need ammo check the For Sale board. Massnee is currently selling some.

That is a neat little pistol and with a great history. I would try to find some new grips if you are going to shoot it. That way the grips cant be damaged. I believe that is .25 Auto. If you need ammo check the For Sale board. Massnee is currently selling some.

Thanks Coastie!

Jr

Back
Top Bottom