Has Anyone in CT heard about these Bills?

[angry]CONNECTICUT: Anti-Gunners Launching Full-Scale Attack! The anti-gun push is on in Hartford. This week, two proposals very dangerous to gun owners were "raised" and could soon be considered by the Joint Judiciary Committee. Raised Bill No. 603 would require all ammunition sold in Connecticut to be coded with an individual serial number (ammunition serialization) and entered into a statewide database at the time of sale. Encoded ammunition would be registered to the purchaser and would include the date of transaction, the purchaser's name, date of birth, driver's license number, and the serial number of the ammunition. Also, Raised Bill No. 607 would seek to ban the sale of semi-automatic handguns not equipped with so-called "micro-stamping" technology. Micro-stamping is a failed technology that would require identifying marks to be etched into the firing pin and breech face of a firearm. Raised Bill No. 607 doesn't stop there! It would also outlaw the private sale or transfer of long guns. Please contact the individual members of the Joint Judiciary Committee TODAY and respectfully urge them to oppose Raised Bill No. 603 and Raised Bill No. 607! The committee members can be contacted by phone at (860) 240-0100. For more contact information, please click here. [angry]

HOLY BUMP.

I was about to make this thread as well.

Bill I: All ammo must be microstamped, current ammo dumped by 2012.
Bill II: All semi-autos sold must be able to microstamp any fired ammo.

Anything we can do to help our brothers in arms? Or brothers soon to be disarmed?

Public hearing on the bill will be held in the Judiciary Committee on Monday, March 17.

The whole idea is ridiculous, of course, since it is so very very easily defeated. Worse yet, I can see someone collecting another's used brass and dropping them at a crime scene to cover their tracks.

Public hearing on the bill will be held in the Judiciary Committee on Monday, March 17.

The whole idea is ridiculous, of course, since it is so very very easily defeated. Worse yet, I can see someone collecting another's used brass and dropping them at a crime scene to cover their tracks.

Even further if the other persons legal brass is introduced as part of the crime, that gun and likely any other guns, will be confiscated as evidence or confiscated in the interests of public safety since the owner was not in possession of the firearm and is thusly 'unsuitable'.

After reading through the ammo microstamping bill again, it looks like this will effectively kill reloading as well.

This is insane! I just spent all kinds of money on reloading equipement. So I just called my senator T. J. Herlihy and he is pro gun all the way. There is a public hearing on monday. I took the day off and I am goint to head down to hartford. If anyone wants to join me, pm me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom