• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Has anyone been to sig academy

I was just wondering if anyone has been recently? I'm wondering if I should bring my own ammo and gun or should I use sigs gun and ammo. What is the price difference between sig ammo and mass ammo price. Thank you for any help.

I was there last month with my wife. Their classes are great. Definitely bring your own, it's way cheaper. You'll have to buy their frangible stuff if you're on the indoor range, which sucks because is obscenely expensive, but if you're outside you can use whatever you want.

I was there last month with my wife. Their classes are great. Definitely bring your own, it's way cheaper. You'll have to buy their frangible stuff if you're on the indoor range, which sucks because is obscenely expensive, but if you're outside you can use whatever you want.
How would I know if we're going to be indoors. Thanks

Took a rifle class there maybe a year ago. Their 223 was +0.50/rd iirc. I brought my own ammo and rifle. Save a few bucks and byo ammo and, imo, if youre going to train, you should do it with your own gun.

I've taken multiple courses there(9 to be exact)over 15yrs...learned a lot...made some good friends.

I just took my first firearms class there 10 days ago. I had a great time. The instructor was great, with lots of real world experience.

The ammo is EXPENSIVE. I seem to remember high teens for a box of 9mm.

If you really want to know, call them and ask them to send you their Ammunition Purchase sheet. Every attendee fills one out at the beginning of a class just in case you need something on the fly during the class.

nice place for classes, took several there. Bought the ammo from them for all the indoor stuff, its expensive but its just.for the class so not a big deal for me. Instructors were great in all classes IMHO

Sent from the blind

We thought we were shooing outside so we brought our own ammo. Then we got there and found out that the outdoor ranges were full so we were going to be inside. It ended up costing an extra $375ish for ammo (about 800 rds) between the two of us. The instructor was sensitive to the extra cost and tried to keep the round count productive.. She also comp'ed everyone about 50ish rds at the end of the day, which was cool.

You can call and get the current ammo prices. then shop around. I have yet to find anyone selling frang ammo cheaper. reg ammo you can do better. I did the shotgun class and it was way cheaper to bring my own shells. It depends on what and where you will be shooting. Also no steel case ammo is allowed( I think they sell the brass)
As for the guns they are in good shape and they have a good selection to choose from, of the common models, I asked for a 227 the last time I was there in Jan and not avail at that time. If you bring your own Sig and anything goes wrong they will fix it on the spot for free, bring another maker and then you are on your own. One exception is the shotgun class, Sig does not make a shotgun, they use Rem 870 police mags, and they are beat. It is way better to bring your own shotgun

I was just wondering if anyone has been recently? I'm wondering if I should bring my own ammo and gun or should I use sigs gun and ammo. What is the price difference between sig ammo and mass ammo price. Thank you for any help.

Have taken two pistol classes. Fantastic. Worth the time and money. As far as the ammo, if you are shooting inside you will be using their ammo for certain as it is frangible. Have not seen that at Shooter's, Riley's or Four Seasons…. Outside is different, ball ammo is okay and you can bring your own. Didn't see an additional charge to use their weapons, but again brought my own. Needed to bring a holster rig and three magazines. Yes might be a bit pricey for the frangible ammo, but not a show stopper. Want to do rifle then shotgun classes next.
Highly recommended.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the shotgun update….

Back
Top Bottom