Has anyone been to Gartman Arms on Route 1 lately?

If you're in the area I'd definitely recommend checking out the place if you haven't yet. I just went in for a transfer and didn't socialize much with the staff, but I did look around the place and they have a nice selection for such a small shop.

Went in yesterday first time nice place. The two guys are very friendly. I was up that way so I just drop in not looking for anything in particular. Prices where average on some stuff. I could drop a bundle in that place. I would go back.

I finally stopped in yesterday, the people who work there are great, very welcoming. As said in a an earlier post they have a lot of hard to find guns, a lot of mislurp rifles...a little bit of everything.

It's a nice place that I visited for the first time a few weeks ago. The staff was nice and they did have some interesting things for sale. It's mostly a "gun" store in the real sense of the word. Not much in the way of ammo or accessories, so I wouldn't go there if that's what you're looking for. Good place though with a nice spread of different types of guns.

Stopped in for the first time today and I'll second what others have said. Very nice inventory of new and old.

Stopped by Gartman the other day for my second or third visit. They expanded the showroom in to another area. Jim also mentioned something about opening up a range so I guess they'll be expanding again. I ended up doing a straight trade which I was pretty happy with. Lot's of eye candy all over the place.

On my way back from some business in N. Attleboro, I attempted to stop in again, only to realize that they aren't open on Mondays. Oh well!

Can anybody comment on the prices? They're fairly close to me (closer than 4 seasons), but if I can save significantly elsewhere I'll do so.

And are they open to haggling?

You will save a lot more buying from Four Seasons, if they have what you want in stock. Gartman's has a nice selection, but their prices are nothing special.

Can anybody comment on the prices? They're fairly close to me (closer than 4 seasons), but if I can save significantly elsewhere I'll do so.

And are they open to haggling?

Check their FB. Normal prices aren't great but they had Caniks for $375 last week and Beretta M9s and 92FS for $500 and $539.

I haven't attempted to haggle so idk. Bought 3 guns there over the last year. The 2 new ones were "hard to find" in the area so I didn't bother trying to get a few bucks off.

You will save a lot more buying from Four Seasons, if they have what you want in stock. Gartman's has a nice selection, but their prices are nothing special.
You can say that about any store. Four Seasons can sell some guns at below the cost that other dealers get them.

Gartman's selection is really impressive though. I am willing to give a shop a pass on some prices if they work hard to stock a solid inventory. Other shops stock nearly nothing and everyone seems ok w it.

- - - Updated - - -

You can say that about any store. Four Seasons can sell some guns at below the cost that other dealers get them.

^true. Sort of unfair to compare any shops prices to FS. Carl does such high volume nobody can touch his prices, but thats mostly because he gets stuff cheaper and can pass savings on to buyer.

Gartman's selection is really impressive though. I am willing to give a shop a pass on some prices if they work hard to stock a solid inventory. Other shops stock nearly nothing and everyone seems ok w it.

- - - Updated - - -

^true. Sort of unfair to compare any shops prices to FS. Carl does such high volume nobody can touch his prices, but thats mostly because he gets stuff cheaper and can pass savings on to buyer.

Online 4seasons prices don't seem to be always better... For Example they show a VP9 online at 669 but Gartman shows that at just under $600 (I know the Gartman VP9 has one less mag, but I don't know if it has night sites). I'd just hate to drive 2 hours round trip just to find out I could have had one locally at a decent price.

Stopped in for the 1st time last week. It's 10 minutes from my house vs 1 hour transit to FS or Worcester shops. Saving a few bucks is not worth the time and gas expense to get to Woburn or Wistah. Shop is a magnificent improvement over what the old guy had years ago. Gunsmith from ex-1776 Arms works onsite, too. I found out there that I qualify for S&W LE pricing as a Disabled Vet (!!!) so I will eventually pull the trigger on a Shield that I've debated getting. If you go on a Sunday, make sure the Patriots are playing away, or come in from the south on Rt 1. Traffic gets weird when they setup the contra-flow lanes. (3 lanes in-bound pre or outbound post game from Gillette). Good to have a nice shop close by.

-JR

Stopped in for the 1st time last week. It's 10 minutes from my house vs 1 hour transit to FS or Worcester shops. Saving a few bucks is not worth the time and gas expense to get to Woburn or Wistah. Shop is a magnificent improvement over what the old guy had years ago. Gunsmith from ex-1776 Arms works onsite, too. I found out there that I qualify for S&W LE pricing as a Disabled Vet (!!!) so I will eventually pull the trigger on a Shield that I've debated getting. If you go on a Sunday, make sure the Patriots are playing away, or come in from the south on Rt 1. Traffic gets weird when they setup the contra-flow lanes. (3 lanes in-bound pre or outbound post game from Gillette). Good to have a nice shop close by.

-JR

Since you've shopped around: can you comment on how their prices actually compare to shops elsewhere?

Also, I don't believe they're open Sundays. (Otherwise I'd be on my way over now! Almost purchased a gun yesterday, but the background check was down!)

Ooops! My bad. That was the Thursday night game! I thought the prices were fair. Not low-end by any means, but a Shield was $399, which I think is about average? I don't think they were out of line at all for a new/small shop. That same gun is a few sheckles more right up the street at BPS at $469 maybe?

Last edited:
No thanks, they were very condecending to me and acted as if what they had was they the only thing you should buy. I'll take my business elsewhere.

I've found them very helpful and friendly every time I wander in there as it's on my way to and from work. I've purchased several rifles and a handgun at a reasonable price. I had an issue with a rifle I purchased and they took the time to figure out the problem, which was a bad magazine and exchanged it on the spot. Tim, I believe is the gunsmith there who took it out back and made sure it shot without any issues. I might save a bit going to FS but I'd rather go to a place that's local, with great customer service and who stands by their products.

Shop is a magnificent improvement over what the old guy had years ago. Gunsmith from ex-1776 Arms works onsite, too.
Yep. Gartman has turned into a "must visit" shop as far as I'm concerned. I've only bought one gun from them so far but more are coming I'm sure. I'd be up to 2 or 3 already except the guns I wanted were gone by the time I had the money in hand. [crying]

Prices on common stuff and certain used guns will never match FSGuns, but I still give the place a very high rating. [grin]

I was there recently and found one of the workers to be very helpful. There was, however, one guy working who I could only describe as a "turd". He seemed miserable working, and sat leaning over one of the cases playing with his cell phone. It was busy with people in there... but he wasn't about to go and help anybody. I don't know what his deal was, but any questions were answered with one-word responses.

Maybe you were dealing with him? If so, I can understand why you'd buy elsewhere, but I did find the other guys working to be friendly and open.

Judging by the abnormal questions you've asked on the forum, (counterfeit guns) I can see why they gave you one word answers. Especially if they were busy.

I've seen those guys use their phones on multiple occasions to order guns for people.

Judging by the abnormal questions you've asked on the forum, (counterfeit guns) I can see why they gave you one word answers. Especially if they were busy.

I've seen those guys use their phones on multiple occasions to order guns for people.

I'm sorry for asking questions I don't know the answers to. I thought that was what forums were for?

Sure, they may seem stupid to somebody who has experience here, but being completely new at this I thought it was a valid/reasonable question. And honestly I was more curious to see if manufacturers would warranty products sold at dealers not listed as an authorized dealer (where in the electronics world is a big issue).

I regret the name calling (and I asked a moderator to delete my post), but if the people working there, mostly everybody was exceptionally helpful. I just noticed that one guy was stuck on his phone instead of offering help. I can understand he may have been ordering guns for somebody, but does that have to be done while leaning over a display case?

I found it odd. And the only reason I bring it up was the post above mine who had a terrible experience there.

Again: I thought my one visit was a good one: as many others here have said. I just pointed out one guy (who could be a great employee for all I know!) who could perhaps be a little more courteous, regardless of what he was doing on his phone. Should I have resorted to name calling? Nope. I regret that, and I'll blame the beers that day. I'll edit my post now to take that part out.

I went down there last weekend. The staff was extremely helpful in finding something that felt good in my hand. One thing that was said to me was something to the tune of, "If you don't love it right away it's probably the wrong gun for you. Let's try something else." Total willingness to find the right fit. While I was there I also witnessed their interaction with some other customers and it all seemed pretty positive. This is definitely a shop I'll be visiting again.

Picked up a Shield yesterday. Was in and out in 15 minutes, which made a liberal cry somewhere, I guess.
LOL!!! [laugh] That's the way I look at it too. [cheers]

Every new gun I buy is a defeat for loony Ms Maura and the gun-grabbing left. And I've defeated her often since her decree. [rockon]

I bought a pistol from Gartman yesterday. The selection is great, lot of hard to find stuff in the cabinets. Prices were on par with what I have seen at other shops and the staff was very pleasant and easy to talk to. would definitely make another purchase there.

They just announced today on FB "due to unforseen circumstances they will be temporarily closed as well as their gunsmith. I wonder what's going on?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom