• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Has anyone been to Gartman Arms on Route 1 lately?

On the way home from Patriot Place we stopped in, Nice shop, staff was very friendly. While hunting through the used guns I spotted a sweet Browning Bar in 7mm with a nice Leupold VXll 1x4, strange scope on a 7mm but oh well. The price tag was $375 I was like hell yea. They got me out the door in 20 min,great guys, gunsmith even came out and looked over the gun and ran a snake down the barrel for me. I will hit this place a little more often.

On the way home from Patriot Place we stopped in, Nice shop, staff was very friendly. While hunting through the used guns I spotted a sweet Browning Bar in 7mm with a nice Leupold VXll 1x4, strange scope on a 7mm but oh well. The price tag was $375 I was like hell yea. They got me out the door in 20 min,great guys, gunsmith even came out and looked over the gun and ran a snake down the barrel for me. I will hit this place a little more often.

WOT? I've never seen a BAR for less than a grand? What's wrong with it? Nice buy, i need to look closer at the rifles there, I usually don't spend much time on them.

WOT? I've never seen a BAR for less than a grand? What's wrong with it? Nice buy, i need to look closer at the rifles there, I usually don't spend much time on them.

Just to clarify: The 7mm BAR routinely sells used for $300 - $700 nation wide. There are about 100 in this price range on Gunbroker right now. They are listed new MSRP at just above $1k with a nice scope. I have never seen a used one priced north of a grand. This is not the same collectible rifle that was called the BAR in WW2, it is a modern auto-loading hunting rifle.

I was in there this past weekend on the way back from the gun show in Foxboro. Busy Saturday morning for them... we were talking to an employee there about shotguns, specifically an O/U Ithaca that my wife really liked at one of the women's events. Guy said that Ithaca isn't what it used to be and buyer beware... also said that Ruger had nice O/U shottys made in CT. I know Ruger is based in Arizona, and I'm unaware that Ruger made shotguns, unless they are manufactured under a different label. Can anyone clarify these statements?

Ruger did make shotguns. They were called Red Label. They stopped making them and then started again I'm not sure if they still make them.
http://www.ruger.com/news/2013-10-24.html There's this article too:http://gunblast.com/Ruger-RedLabel2.htm As far as I know Ithaca used to make a quality O/U but I really don't know what their quality is now.

I was in there this past weekend on the way back from the gun show in Foxboro. Busy Saturday morning for them... we were talking to an employee there about shotguns, specifically an O/U Ithaca that my wife really liked at one of the women's events. Guy said that Ithaca isn't what it used to be and buyer beware... also said that Ruger had nice O/U shottys made in CT. I know Ruger is based in Arizona, and I'm unaware that Ruger made shotguns, unless they are manufactured under a different label. Can anyone clarify these statements?

They are out of CT, and one of their plants is in Arizona. Just a gentle correction as not really a big deal to to interesting post about the Ithaca, now I am curious about that. Thx.

Just to clarify: The 7mm BAR routinely sells used for $300 - $700 nation wide. There are about 100 in this price range on Gunbroker right now. They are listed new MSRP at just above $1k with a nice scope. I have never seen a used one priced north of a grand. This is not the same collectible rifle that was called the BAR in WW2, it is a modern auto-loading hunting rifle.

I guess I was thinking of these. All 21 on first page of GB over a grand. Been a while since this post so I could be wrong.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Browning-BAR/Browse.aspx?Keywords=Browning+Bar

Last edited:
Anyone else enter their raffle... FNH SAW 249 semi auto ... $25/ticket w/ only 300 sold... cash and in person only. Drawing when all 300 are sold.

I got 2 tix.

17952015_1104990826271956_1825070023835516059_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom