Has anyone actually got a call/visit from the ATF?

Lisa, with the Boston ATF group, and who approved many of the 07s at the Mill, once came to me for directions to my FFL son in NH for a routine audit. Now Lisa is a big fan of iced coffee and always had one with her. I called Lance and told him to have iced coffee ready when she came. Next time I saw Lisa she asked me how Lance knew that she liked iced coffee "and donuts too". We had a chuckle over that one. When we had multi-agent audits at the Mill, Lisa was assigned to do Joe, the mill owner. It went like this: How many guns sold in the last year? "None". "How many guns bought in the last year? "None." Do you have a bound book? "No". Do you have any 4473s? "No". Do you have the Mass dealers license? "No". Why do you have the 07 FFL? "I just want to be one of the boys". He passed with no issues. Jack.

A couple people on here received visits.

One member is female.

Most of the time it relates to multiple handgun purchases.

The ATF come to the door and wants to have a chat.

It's easy to resolve if you just show them the guns instead of dying on that hill.

When the ATF gets the multiple handgun form they check up with the dealer first.

If the dealer tells the ATF you are cool, they likely wont go further.

If the dealer thinks you're a sketchball he'll say so and the ATF will check you out.

When guns end up in crimes and come from Mass, they can see who bought them just by looking at the EOPSS database.
I’ve filed literally hundreds of multiple forms , and never once has the ATF questioned or contacted me

There was a young lady from Weymouth IIRC who was a member years ago. She was dating a cop and bragged incessantly about all the Glocks she was buying. I think her name was Sara but I don't recall her NES handle.

She use to post pictures of her "bargaining shirt"... a low cut shirt that showed off her assets.

And then the ATF showed up. Not sure what happened to her or the cop boyfriend but IIRC she got in some shit.

Anyone remember her?

ETA:

Found her. Screen name "Interceptor"...

View attachment 448072

View attachment 448073
Yes, I remember Sara(h) (I think that is how she spelled her name) and her boyfriend. They were members of BR&P and I recall chatting with them at a members flea market after one of their buying trips. Yes, she filled out that shirt very nicely.

... When we had multi-agent audits at the Mill, Lisa was assigned to do Joe, the mill owner. It went like this: How many guns sold in the last year? "None". "How many guns bought in the last year? "None." Do you have a bound book? "No". Do you have any 4473s? "No". Do you have the Mass dealers license? "No". Why do you have the 07 FFL? "I just want to be one of the boys". He passed with no issues. Jack.
Ghost Dealer.
Definitely Ghost Dealer.

I visited with the ATF but that’s confidential and redacted.
That's not what I saw written underneath a toilet paper dispenser
in one of the men's room stalls at the Federal building...
[shocked] [rofl]

I am neither an ATF agent, Maura Healey, a decoy account for CrackPot, nor outing myself for some nefarious act I subconsciously want to be caught for doing. I'm just a curious new LTC holder wondering what level of engagement to expect with the ATF as a regular gun owner doing normal things like immediately spending all of my disposable income on firearms.

Pretty sure the answer to that is "zero".

I went on a buying spree at one point , but I think the maximum I ever bought in one day was two guns. The only time I ever called back by anybody was one time Carl from Four Seasons called me because they had an issue with their records , which indicated the same serial number was sold to two different people (one of them being me). I pulled the gun out of the safe - verified the SN# I had matched their records and also checked my copy of the FA-10 - and we were good. He did mention the ATF *might* be calling - but I never heard anything. I told Carl if they have to call they have to call - whatever, I can bring the gun down to the shop so you can verify as well if that is what it takes.

I had 5 copies of the same thing transferred at once. I think the custom serial numbers like "1911", "45ACP", etc. were enough of a clue to whomever examined the form to be satisfied without a visit as I never heard anything about it.

Same here. I bought six K31s one day. Never heard a peep from anybody.

Many years ago when i went on a glock buying spree.... like 4 17s, god knows how many 19s, a few 26s, a few 21s, a few 30s, and a 42..

I got a nice visit from the ATF and a townie cop..

They asked for my records. I handed them a jumbled stack of papers.

They looked through it while we were outside my front door. I never let them in. Then he wanted to see them. I said sure let me bring them outside for you..

He then said oh nevermind. And goes on to tell me usually if people agree with that they are ok or some bullshit.

They were carrying sigs, and i was like oh that's too bad those look heavy to carry, you should get a glock or something to that affect.

At the time being a new gun owner, yes i will be the first to admit it, i was scared.

Little did they know when they first came to my door at like 7am i had a loaded glock 17 behind my back when i answered in a tank top and short shorts.

I am pretty sure I know how that went down.

Agent Ted down at the local ATF office sees your Glock bulk buying spree cross his desk. Takes one look at the paperwork , and calls over to his partner " suit up John - we're going out!"

John says "why - WTF is going on" - Ted says: " check this out - this woman just bought like 20 Glocks in one day - I have to meet this chick!!"

Yeh the kicker is i slimmed down my glock myopia down to 19s and 26s. All the other glocks are gone. Replaced by other brands. So basically i blew a whole lotta money.

But this was back in the day of mike at titegroup, when the inflow of pistols were easy to come by. Come in, hand him a coffee from dunkin and leave with a block lol

I got a visit/audit when I had my C&R...and that's why I don't have a C&R anymore. A bunch of us got visits around the same time, the guy was cool but then I got a bit of a lecture and questions when he saw all my reloading equipment. "Do you sell the ammo you make?" WTF dude! Never invite the man into your home.

Last edited:
I got a visit/audit when I had my C&R...and that's why I don't have a C&R anymore. A bunch of us got visits around the same time, the guy was cool but then I got a bit of a lecture and questions when he saw all my reloading equipment. "Do you sell the ammo you make?" WTF dude! Never invite the man into your home.

Not sure if you knew this, but you DO NOT have to invite them into your house on a C&R audit. That is not required by law for 03 FFL holders. You can basically take your bound book and related paperwork to an ATF office when an audit is requested.

Not sure if you knew this, but you DO NOT have to invite them into your house on a C&R audit? That is not required by law for 03 FFL holders. You can basically take your bound book and related paperwork to an ATF office.
I was but it was just more convenient at the time...Lesson learned, couple that with the fact that the C&R just wasn't worth all that much in MA I just let it expire.

I went on a buying spree at one point , but I think the maximum I ever bought in one day was two guns. The only time I ever called back by anybody was one time Carl from Four Seasons called me because they had an issue with their records , which indicated the same serial number was sold to two different people (one of them being me). I pulled the gun out of the safe - verified the SN# I had matched their records and also checked my copy of the FA-10 - and we were good.
Well, that answers that question. [rofl]

Is there a list of towns, similar to Comm2A’s red/green list (or maybe it is GOAL) for towns that will actually issue a green card MG license?
You can search the LTC numbers issued from one of the data dumps and it shows MG licenses per town. Doesn't show if they were issued to "normal" citizens though.

I know FFL's should obviously expect a visit.
My friend in rural NY is an FFL and gunsmith. Sells guns at shows and by appointment at his home.
Does a lot of repairs and mods for the locals.
He recounted how he occasionally gets a 12-24hr notice that he will be paid a visit so paperwork and books can be reviewed.
The meeting is friendly and they usually leave shaking their heads at his attention to detail and meticulous record keeping.

You can search the LTC numbers issued from one of the data dumps and it shows MG licenses per town. Doesn't show if they were issued to "normal" citizens though.
Im not super tech savvy, do you have a link?

Back
Top Bottom