Harvard USPSA match 8/10

Harvard is holding their monthly USPSA match tomorrow. They put on great matches. If you're thinking of getting into USPSA type of shooting this is the match you should check out.

I'll be there but I have to leave by 1pm so I prob. won't get to finish the match. I have a business meeting in Boston that I have to go to. Hopefully it will be a quick paced match.

Pete

Have fun guys. I really wish I was able to make this since next month is rifle. Shoot well!

Can you go and watch the match? and if so, how do obtain the info?

You can absolutely go and watch the match. Just bring a pair of eye protection and hearing protection and you're all set. What info are you looking to obtain? The best advice is to talk to some of the shooters while you're there. We're all more than willing to help anyone out.

Pete

Should I call, or just show up? Is what I was pertaining too.... I heard on Wed's they have an practice shoot or introductory shoot or something like that @ Harvard, is that true?

Can you go and watch the match? and if so, how do obtain the info?

Drew... just ignore how some of the guys like Pete shoot so fast. They all have bionic eyes and superhuman reflexes. There will be some mortals there.

Bottom line- you'll be in awe at how good these guys are. First match I shot I felt like a fish out of water (most of them for that matter). However they ARE ALL awesome people that will help you in any way they can.

You'll be hooked.

Drew... just ignore how some of the guys like Pete shoot so fast. They all have bionic eyes and superhuman reflexes. There will be some mortals there..

Come on we don't shoot that fast!!!

Drew, you are more than welcome to just show up. YOu don't need to call or anything. The matches are quite informal. We do have Wed. night practices which are awesome and if you're thinking of giving this a shot this is where I would recommend starting. If you show up tomorrow and are looking for advice you can look for me. I'm a younger guy (32) but I look about 21. I'll have a shooting shirt that is red, white, and black that has an STI logo and Shootersbox.com logo on the back. I'll be shooting an open gun so if you see me there introduce yourself and I'll give you as much info as I possibly can.

PEte

Should I call, or just show up? Is what I was pertaining too.... I heard on Wed's they have an practice shoot or introductory shoot or something like that @ Harvard, is that true?

There is a Wed night practice at Harvard, its a great way to get started.
Its alot of fun and a great way to learn

Great match today and congrats Steve on your victory. Another really close match for sure. A HUGE thanks to Rob Boudrie for helping me out with my gun problems today. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have been able to finish the match. There was a mistake on my time on stage 1 it should have been 16.62 and not 18. Doesn't make a difference in the overall scores but I guess I should check the palms when I'm done shooting.

Anyways, thanks to the Harvard crew for another great match.

Results are up:
http://www.uspsa-ne.org/results/20080810_harvard.txt

Thanks Pete. I liked the longish shots in that match.

The mistake with Scott B's scores was my fault. I picked up the Palm to do the scoring in a rush after I had just finished shooting assuming it was set to Scott and it was actually set to Tad. I so I scored Scott's stage in Tad's space. We realized that, wrote Scott's scores down on our squad sheet, and correctly scored Tad but never re-entered them in the Palm. I think Scott is ok with forgetting that stage anyways ([cheers]... [sad2]).

There's no problem all the away around. If I was doing well I would have followed up on the scoring anyway. I performed poorly all day. Overall it was a nice day with good people, good stages, and it was nice to see my bud kick butt against some stout competition. I remeber when he was a wee lad...

Thanks Pete. I liked the longish shots in that match.

The mistake with Scott B's scores was my fault. I picked up the Palm to do the scoring in a rush after I had just finished shooting assuming it was set to Scott and it was actually set to Tad. I so I scored Scott's stage in Tad's space. We realized that, wrote Scott's scores down on our squad sheet, and correctly scored Tad but never re-entered them in the Palm. I think Scott is ok with forgetting that stage anyways ([cheers]... [sad2]).

I think I share equal blame for the mistake.

It was an interesting match, I definately need to work on my long shots. At a past Harvard match I got killed on a long shot stage, after that I said I would always run up. I guess I didn't learn from my mistakes.

I'm glad I didn't shoot on your squad. HAHA

Hopefully I'll have my "backup gun" for this weekends match. Really wish I had it yesterday. Funny how that works!!! I like the long distance stages. We had one last weekend at Westfield as well. It's fun hitting the small steel from further back. Calling your shot and seeing the steel fall is always fun.

Back
Top Bottom