Harvard USPSA January Match

For the most part they are an outlaw USPSA club and use most of the rule book. They put on a good match, get some very good shooters and at $10 a gun most shoot twice (either the same division or two different divisions).

They usually have three stages one of which is all steel (maybe 24 pieces).

Respectfully,
jkelly

It is a non affiliated club. Most if not all ROs are NROI certified so there will be rule carry over but no "Book" is used since they are not a member club. As JK said,it is a good match and a gret place to see many who contribute here.

Dress warm :) For Gammon, next match 01-23 HERE is their web site

What is their schedule? I'm pretty sure I didn't see them in the 2010 calendar.
I don't have their schedule and I can't get into their web page. If you search "Independent Sportsmens" club, In Foxboro, you may have better luck. Please let me know if you get in, I'm bounced out and my IE crashes.

Respectfully,
jkelly

good times

It's gonna be a lousy match. Cold; snowy; icy. Short stages. 3 maybe 4 stages. No place to get warm. Frozen port-a-john. You lose mags in the snow. Paper scoring (Palms don't like the cold). Slow results (because we forget how to score on paper). Your tongue sticks to the poppers. You can't find any brass. No classifier (because the measurements get messed up when the targets melt into the ground). Your sights get caught on your mittens. Your muzzle melts your snowpants. No Hot Dog Lady. But I guess at least your snot isn't black.

Boy you really know how to describe a good time

Fun match today. I consider it successful because even though I shot at my usual snail's pace, I didn't wipe out even once.

Thanks to everybody for showing up. Great weather. Great crowd. Everybody safe even in the snow, ice, and mud. Everything I saw was a terrific performance of safe gun handling. (I think it was colder at our match last June .)

And don't be fooled by that "newbie" who showed up and won Limited (4th overall). He's a lurker with hidden ninja skills.

Last edited:
Thanks to everybody for showing up. Great weather. Great crowd. Everybody safe even in the snow, ice, and mud. Everything I saw was a terrific performance of safe gun handling. (I think it was colder at our match last June .)

And don't be fooled by that "newbie" who showed up and won Limited (4th overall). He's a lurker with hidden ninja skills.

His USPSA number is almost an order of magnitude off from being a newbie. [wink]

HARVARD USPSA

Great time & weather today.
Good thing it didn't get amy warmer. Insted of slipping on the ice we would be sinking in the mud.

Great match, ideally suited to the weather, although in some stages I thought I was in he NHL, not the USPSA. I don't know who picked the date for this match, but he must be a psychic. We couldn't have asked for better weather.

Thank you Harvard Action Shooters.

Thanks for match guys and Betsey! Great weather and the skating was good too. I'm just surpised that more of the die hard shooters didn't attend.

Just one thought - maybe leave some snow on the ground in the pits. I was tempted to run around on Stage 4 for the sole reason that there was plenty of snow on the ground and traction was good. [smile]

So how is the knee after the ice? Your braver than I am. I like solid ground under me not frozen tundra [smile]

Gary, it's not too bad. I wore the knee brace and took a big ibuprofin before the match. I think this crappy weather is making it ache more. The match was set up for very little moving, kind of. I did more walking than running, and tried to pick my spots.

Back
Top Bottom