Harvard USPSA January Match

10 day weather outlook is partly sunny in the 30's [smile]
I should be there if this cold is gone [sad]

(and yes, I know 10 days is a loooong way off)

I intend to be there, weather permitting. I do, however, believe that long pants will be in order.

It's gonna be a lousy match. Cold; snowy; icy. Short stages. 3 maybe 4 stages. No place to get warm. Frozen port-a-john. You lose mags in the snow. Paper scoring (Palms don't like the cold). Slow results (because we forget how to score on paper). Your tongue sticks to the poppers. You can't find any brass. No classifier (because the measurements get messed up when the targets melt into the ground). Your sights get caught on your mittens. Your muzzle melts your snowpants. No Hot Dog Lady. But I guess at least your snot isn't black.

And I was hoping this was going to be a great intro to shooting USPSA (coming from IDPA). I'm psyched that I can shoot with my mittens on though [grin]

It's gonna be a lousy match. Cold; snowy; icy. Short stages. 3 maybe 4 stages. No place to get warm. Frozen port-a-john. You lose mags in the snow. Paper scoring (Palms don't like the cold). Slow results (because we forget how to score on paper). Your tongue sticks to the poppers. You can't find any brass. No classifier (because the measurements get messed up when the targets melt into the ground). Your sights get caught on your mittens. Your muzzle melts your snowpants. No Hot Dog Lady. But I guess at least your snot isn't black.

Dan - you make it sound so fun - I'll be there!
..I think

Your snot will be frozen. Cross Country skiers call them snotcicles.

Now that is what I call the soft sell if I ever saw it! I think the snot comment hooked me.

Sounds like fun!

I hope you can keep the target patching tape warm. That stuff doesn't stick very well in cold wearther.

Well Dan, you talked me into staying home. I just hate when I see you with your tongue stuck to a popper.[shocked]

Dan,
Shooting starts at 10:00 am, correct?

Dan,
Shooting starts at 10:00 am, correct?

From uspsa-ne:

HARVARD JANUARY NOT-QUITE-MONTHLY MATCH

LATE START: 10:00, registration 9:30. Very small outdoor match dictated by the weather. 3 short stages, maybe 4. Survival first, round count second.

Their independence seems to extend to their action pistol program. The results show USPSA scoring and divisions, do they use the USPSA rulebook as well?
For the most part they are an outlaw USPSA club and use most of the rule book. They put on a good match, get some very good shooters and at $10 a gun most shoot twice (either the same division or two different divisions).

They usually have three stages one of which is all steel (maybe 24 pieces).

Respectfully,
jkelly

For the most part they are an outlaw USPSA club and use most of the rule book. They put on a good match, get some very good shooters and at $10 a gun most shoot twice (either the same division or two different divisions).

They usually have three stages one of which is all steel (maybe 24 pieces).

Respectfully,
jkelly

What is their schedule? I'm pretty sure I didn't see them in the 2010 calendar.

Back
Top Bottom