Harvard student told to move due to legal firearms, after roommates search her room

I like this method. Do you mind if I adopt it?

I think they know, something. But definitely not much of anything.
TargetSports does a great job of being inconspicuous, but that ORM-D sticker is a must.
They haven’t asked, and I’m not going to tell. I don’t think they’d mind, but given the area I’m in, I’ve gone as far as buying a nondescript rifle bag. Just a rectangular bag with no badging. It might as well be art supplies.

I’m not worried about what other people think. I’m just trying to remain “the grey man”. Even if people were more comfortable with firearms in this area, I’d keep it under wraps. No need to draw attention to yourself for any reason really, especially firearms in good ‘Ol Massachusetts.

Be my guest :)

I'm sure I unconsciously stole it from some tv show or movie anyway.

The few people that aren't family, aren't NES'ers and know I have guns are simply told, "I'm not permitted to discuss that." (which is true - I don't permit it!) What they make of that statement, I can only guess.

Do you quickly flash the inside of your wallet when making the statement?... [smile]

Hey Tink, what is the new avatar? I can only make out what looks to be a Knight...

65590.jpg

The few people that aren't family, aren't NES'ers and know I have guns are simply told, "I'm not permitted to discuss that." (which is true - I don't permit it!)
I like this method. Do you mind if I adopt it?

Look at it this way:

They don't have the Need to Know -
at best, they have the Want to Know.​

I think they know, something. But definitely not much of anything.

Here's one of my NES-inspired bullets of philosophy:

People Are Oblivious™​

(That even includes me,
but let that go...).

Do you quickly flash the inside of your wallet when making the statement?... [smile]
...if you ain't got that bling.
maxresdefault.jpg

To say again, any Somerville residents, call the 311 line at the city and report the rental company for renting to more than four unrelated people.

This kind of comment does nothing to advance the meaningful discussion of the issue and serves only to reinforce negative stereotypes of gun owners.

Lighten up, it was a joke and based on half of the avatars on NES I would say that in the group, I hardly stand out.

6k/month gets a nice apartment, but I mean clean/spacious/modern "nice", not gold plated faucets and built in fleshlight appliances "nice". Yes, 6k is not remotely unheard of.

And not to call out namedpipes here Rob, but if you are going to single people out based upon what you personally have determined to be comments that reinforce negative stereotypes, you might consider being a bit more even handed. Had you simply sent me a PM, I would likely had given it some thought and gone back and edited my post.

I did not mean to single anyone out, but to make a general observation about sexist comments on the forum. It probably would have been better for me to make a comment about that without quoting any specific post. Lesson learned.

I was thinking - if this woman reads this thread will she perceive it as a bunch of jerks, or a show of support? Remember, even if the piece of turd floating in the punch bowl is small and off to the edge, nobody wants to scoop a drink out of the clean end.

Unless the landlord is a school in which case they can kick someone out instantly if the school (not the courts) determine the person is a danger. I do not know if this is enshrined in law, or if it is just the courts ignoring tenants rights when it comes to students.
I had occasion to look into this some years back. As far as I could find there's no law specific to schools, and it's never actually been tested in court. So it's what the schools would call a "grey area." Not grey in the sense of the law being ambiguous, but grey in the sense that they're going to keep doing whatever they want until there's a court decision that specifically requires them to do something else.

And not to call out namedpipes here Rob, but if you are going to single people out based upon what you personally have determined to be comments that reinforce negative stereotypes, you might consider being a bit more even handed. Had you simply sent me a PM, I would likely had given it some thought and gone back and edited my post.

Just for the record, I was just wisecracking in my usual manner. I certainly didn't mean any harm in my comment. You're on my permanent "good" list, having lent support to my son when he needed it. (He's doing quite well btw almost done with his MOS training)

I was thinking - if this woman reads this thread will she perceive it as a bunch of jerks, or a show of supportsupport?

If she really is Harvard Law, it could happen. I credit her with too much focus to idly browse these fora now, but she might well end up in the Mass Bar after graduation.

Whatever happened to this poor woman? was she able to find alternate housing? Any repercussions for the B&E roommates?

Most optimistic reading of the media tea-leaves is she's lawyered-up,
and the ignoramus roommates wouldn't be able to sleep a wink
if only they could understand their future risks.

Back
Top Bottom