Harvard Sportsmen's Club

i want to, but, somehow there`s always something else in the way... it`s on saturdays?

I'm in the same boat (ha ha ha). I guess I need to make the time, or get my son interested in it too so that it's easier to justify.

I'm in the same boat (ha ha ha). I guess I need to make the time, or get my son interested in it too so that it's easier to justify.
and i`ll need a steel underwear, or my wife will chop my balls off for ditching beloved family mandatory duties on the weekend. :)
weekdays would be much less of an issue, realy. :(

and i`ll need a steel underwear, or my wife will chop my balls off for ditching beloved family mandatory duties on the weekend. :)
weekdays would be much less of an issue, realy. :(

Sprague, 1st and 3rd Thursdays at 5PM; 2nd & 45h Sundays at 9AM.

If you want to shoot an IDPA, USPSA or SC match - check out practiscore.com, find a match that meets your schedule and willingness to drive.

I was by the club today so I decided to check on things. Looks like we need some plywood replaced.
I put up two new steel plates and added a retention bar on the back to keep the small plates from flipping all the way over.
I’m a little surprised that with 33 inches of height on the plywood of the target stands, that people are still shooting at the top and bottom boards. 🤷🏿‍♂️ Anyhow, I’ll try to pick up some plywood and do the replacements.
Mark make them qualify for 100 use, if they can't hit the target send them back to the 50 or 25 you can do it on the fourth sunday

Once again every parking space at the 7/10 and 25 yard ranges were taken and not a single person was shooting there. I don't understand why it's so difficult to get the match shooters to park somewhere else.

Once again every parking space at the 7/10 and 25 yard ranges were taken and not a single person was shooting there. I don't understand why it's so difficult to get the match shooters to park somewhere else.
Most match participants park over by the action pits but there simply isn't enough room for everyone so many have to park by the 7/25/50.

I know that parking space is the problem but the solution is not to make anyone who wants to shoot at the 7/25/50, park somewhere else and carry all their shit to the range.

I replaced the plywood on the side of the posts. The older ones had pretty much disintegrated. One of the steel plates has its ear clipped off, so reattaching it is impossible.

And I read the email from last week warning about the time change. Didn’t stop a group from shooting at 8:45 this am.

Ugh. Hours are posted every where and they still do it. -- Stocked birds/game preserve can be hunted Sundays.
I figured there was some rule for that. I did hear 2 shots from people that were clearly hunting and thought that it must be allowed for pheasant. After all, you are paying this year :p

That may have given the all clear to others that it was ok to shoot.

a-holes. dont want to be a d*k but it's shit like that that riles the 'neighbors'.

Just sit and BS for 15 minutes
Could be an honest mistake. In the spring I simultaneously forgot that Sunday shooting hours start later AND somehow adjusted my watch in the wrong direction for daylight savings. Took about four shots before pres came over from the garage to inquire wtf I was thinking. Totally my fault obviously but an honest mistake, I wasn't being a dick.

IMHO the difference between making a mistake and just being a jerk lies in the reaction to someone telling you that you're breaking the rules. Some people will own up to it, apologize, and stop the behavior. Others will try to argue, take offense, and possibly continue the behavior. It's a big difference. So far in my years at Harvard every time I spoke to someone about a rules violation I witnessed they were embarrassed at their own mistake and corrected their behavior - no harm, no foul.

Just my $0.02

agreed. In general everyone is pretty good (other than the plate rack rifle guy).

Actually, I was wrapping up last night at 4:15 (sunset is 4:30) and 2 carloads were
first getting setup on the 7/12 line.

Back
Top Bottom