• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Harvard Sportsmen's Club

If someone could give me 5-10 bolts and nuts, I could just fix it when I’m there on the weekends. I find that it is mainly the bolts being shot up that brings it down.

Of course, there are times that the steel gets broken, such as the one with a broken ear now, but that’s less common.
Thanks for helping out last week getting the steel fixed! Still swinging this week.

I haven't gone by the club in quite some time it's march 20th as I write this.
I am planning on going by the club tomorrow to survey and make a list. I'll grab supplies to do whatever's needed. Sunday March 24th I will be at the 100yd range
feel free to text me if you guys see the range in disrepair and I haven't been around in a while.

I've recently been inducted into Harvard but have shooting there with a friend for a few years now. It's a shame to see the steel down at the 100 yard range so often. In my opinion they should replace the hanging steel with a few steel sillouhettes on posts. Seems like the chains get shot up too often.
that's been done it didn't last, I haven't been to the club in a few months so things aren't getting the care they need. I will be going by tomorrow to make an assessment and I'll be there Sunday march 24th to do what's needed

So, for Sunday I am just going to do repairs to hold us over until May when we do a full clean up. It's supposed to rain all night Saturday hopefully it isn't raining Sunday morning.
it looks like we will have to update the telephone poles in the spring along with replacing at least two of the backstops completely.
I'm still entertaining the idea of barn mat instead of plywood, but for now we'll use the plywood at the shop if that's ok with El Presidente'

So, for Sunday I am just going to do repairs to hold us over until May when we do a full clean up. It's supposed to rain all night Saturday hopefully it isn't raining Sunday morning.
it looks like we will have to update the telephone poles in the spring along with replacing at least two of the backstops completely.
I'm still entertaining the idea of barn mat instead of plywood, but for now we'll use the plywood at the shop if that's ok with El Presidente'
See you at 7 am on Sunday!

The telephone poles are getting eaten up by spall from the plates.

Back
Top Bottom