• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Harvard Sportsmen's Club - Steel Challenge Match - May, 19, 2012 - RESULTS POSTED

PMD

Harvard Sportsmen's Club - 4 Stage Match:

Results Posted in Post #20:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-May-19-2012?p=2382719&viewfull=1#post2382719

Saturday - May, 19, 2012

SHOOTER'S MEETING: 9:15am
START TIME: 9:30am squadded

Categories:
Pistol Open, Pistol Iron, Production, Revolver Open, Revolver Iron, Rimfire Pistol Open, Rimfire Pistol Iron, Rimfire Rifle Open, Rimfire Rifle Iron.

$10.00 first gun - 2nd afternoon run (if time permits) $5.00
Juniors shoot first gun for free.

Stages:

Speed Option http://steelchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/speed_option.pdf

Roundabout http://steelchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/roundabout.pdf

Five to Go http://steelchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/five_to_go.pdf

Smoke & Hope http://steelchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/smoke_and_hope.pdf

General Principles:

Steel Challenge scoring is simple: your time is your score!
Each stage consists of five targets, commonly referred to as plates. Four are standard plates, and the fifth is designated as the stop plate.
Each of the standard targets must be hit at least once before hitting the stop plate, and the time stops when the stop plate is hit. Competitors may fire as many rounds as they deem necessary for each string of fire. The worst string on each stage will be thrown out, and the total of the remaining times will be competitor’s score for that stage. All stages will be shot five times with the exception of "Outer Limits" which will be shot four times.
The maximum time allowed for an individual string is 30 seconds.

For complete Rules and all stage layouts please go here:

http://steelchallenge.com/scsa-clubs/scsa-rules/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***NOTE***

*HSC is a COLD RANGE: All firearms will be kept UNLOADED except on the firing line under the direct supervision of a Match Officials.
*Gun handling at Safe tables only and must be brought to the firing line in a holster or case.
*Eye and ear protection is required for all shooters and spectators.
*Holsters: In general, holsters shall be mounted in the general vicinity of the waist, must cover the trigger, and must safely hold/retain the gun. All Centerfire handguns must be appropriate for holster use.
*HSC will allow "Low Ready" starts for Centerfire handguns (2 seconds added per run)
*Rimfire competition does not involve the use of a holster
*Each competitor is expected to come to the firing line ready to shoot, with an appropriate amount of ammunition in an appropriate number of magazines or speed-loaders or other loading devices.
*Minimum cartridge for centerfire competitions (38 Special, 9X19).
*Rimfire firearms must be .22 Long Rifle (.22LR) only
*Any ammunition deemed unsafe or likely to damage the targets will be removed from use
*Any standard plate which has not been hit before the stop plate will count as a Miss. Each Miss on a standard plate will result in a 3 (three) second penalty, added to the shooter’s time for that string.
*If the stop plate is not hit, the score for that string is 30 seconds

For Club information and directions:
http://www.harvardsportsmensclub.com

For questions or if you'd like to help - please email Paul Dandini [email protected]

Last edited:
Hey Paul,

Thanks for not making me jump from box-to-box this Saturday -- my legs are still not working right from last Sunday's USPSA match @ HAS! 'Course they never moved very fast in the first pace, eh? It's a b*tch gettin' old. Is there a Super Senior classification in Steel Challenge???

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
:cool:

P.S. -- Somebody asked me if my NortheastShooters Avatar on The Great Wall was Photoshop'd. The answer is NO! I was there sweating my nuts off, coughing in the pollution, and huffing/puffing up that crappy wall in person. [smile]

P.S. -- Somebody asked me if my NortheastShooters Avatar on The Great Wall was Photoshop'd. The answer is NO! I was there sweating my nuts off, coughing in the pollution, and huffing/puffing up that crappy wall in person. [smile]

Nice Frank. I've been to the top of Diamondhead, Masada, the Eiffel Tower (France, Las Vegas, and Tokyo) and the Sydney Harbour Bridge, but not the great wall.

Is this open to non-members to come and view matches? I think I might be going to Holbrook for a membership event that day, but I maybe have to reconsider now.

*HSC is a COLD RANGE: All firearms will be kept UNLOADED except on the firing line under the direct supervision of a Match Officials.

I haven't been to HSC yet, will there be a place to unload upon arrival if I will be carrying the gun I want to shoot the match with?

Also, your links for the stage descriptions seem to be broken.
http://steelchallenge.com/sc-world-match/stages/

Great time. Appeared to be ~50 people in 4 squads. We were done by noon and they started another string for anyone who wanted to shoot a second time.

Hey Dirtypacman!

Another great match!

Thanks Paul & the gang! I love the sound of clanging steel in the morning! I'll have to remember to bring a second gun next time. I wasn't up for shooting it again with the G17.

Oh by the way, I'm petitioning to change the name of stage 1 from "Speed Option" to "The 5 Mile Stop Plate". It's the only stage you can fire a round, holster, get a drink, and then wait 5 seconds to hear the hit.[thinking]

Thanks to Paul for putting on a great shoot today
Had a blast with great weather and a lot of fun shooting!!
see you all again for the next four stages.

Fun match today...
Thanks to all those who helped and special thanks to Jon Haas and his son for setting up this morning at 7am.
Hope to have the results posted in the next day or so..
See you next month.

ALSO - forogot to mention the steel we shot today was provided by a grant from the NRA - So a big thanks to the NRA as well.

The match was great, I'll need to buy some more magazines for the next one so I don't look like a jerk trying to top off a mag for the last string [rolleyes]

The match was great, I'll need to buy some more magazines for the next one so I don't look like a jerk trying to top off a mag for the last string [rolleyes]

If you ask, someone will be glad to take your first mag from you and refill it for the last string. That said, if you plan to shoot SC regularly, more mags is better.

Results posted.

Results posted - please click on PDF attachment.
Please note for those who shot two pistols in "Production" the second entry was changed to "Pistol Iron".
The SCSA software will not allow two entries in the same division.
Please email or PM questions..

****UPDATED RESULTS****

Note that these results are RAW times with out the flight times added.
Also some of the Divisions and placements have changed.

Attachments

• HSC 5-19-12 by divisions.pdf
    45 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Great match and great weather. Note to self: when you switch between irons and red dot remember to put on your prescription glasses. It took me to my 3rd stage to figure out why the dot was an oval blob. [thinking]

If you ask, someone will be glad to take your first mag from you and refill it for the last string. That said, if you plan to shoot SC regularly, more mags is better.

Yup, one of the guys on our squad had a vintage 22 pistol and only two mags. A buddy topped off the 2nd mag while he was shooting. It didn't slow him down at all. The other option is to borrow a mag. If you're still shooting the M&P just ask, I had 8 mags in my bag.

Great time. Appeared to be ~50 people in 4 squads. We were done by noon and they started another string for anyone who wanted to shoot a second time.

Hey Dirtypacman!

Whats up CrackPot great to shoot with you yesterday. Nice match by the way.

I had a great time, still not anywhere where I want to be for improvement but I will keep going and enjoying. Thanks to all that made it happen.

Holy speed trap, Batman -- I didn't finish DFL in my division. And I wasn't the only guy shooting rimfire rifle open, either.

Hey eisenhow, I forgot to change glasses, too. Musta' been too much coffee before I got to the range.

Thanks, PMD, for letting me come to play in your sandpit and putting the match(es) together.

Great fun, eh?

TTFN,
F.
:cool:

Last edited:
Very happy with 3rd in division first time shooting that gun in a competition. Of course I will shoot something totally different next time :)

Whats up CrackPot great to shoot with you yesterday. Nice match by the way.

I had a great time, still not anywhere where I want to be for improvement but I will keep going and enjoying. Thanks to all that made it happen.

Results have been updated.

Note that the updated results are RAW times with out the flight times added.
Also some of the Divisions and placements have changed.

I hope to see even more out there at the next one. It was just awesome overall and a perfect day for it.

Back
Top Bottom