• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Harvard Sportsmen's Club Members.

Clarence would like you to vote for:

Paul Innamorati--President (current Pres.)
Dave White--Vice President (current V. P.)
Peter Tierney--Secretary (our nominee.)
Jeff Bradbury--Treasurer (current Treas.)
Rick Johnson--Board of Director (current BOD.)

Annual meeting: Feb. 19, 2009, Thursday
05:30-07:00 p.m., renewals, socializing, free
supper & beverages.
07:00 p.m., meeting starts.

Thanks Clarence. I will be down there for sure. Just to remind folks. There are no absentee ballots so you have to come down to vote. The voting starts at 7:00 PM so if you can't come for long, just stop on in around 7 and fill out a ballot.

Just to let everyone know, that Dan Hurley is running for President,
Greg Newman for Vice President and Carl Adams for 3 yr Ex. Committee. These men have worked hard at the club for years. My vote is for them.

Clarence is the Man! I have voted the ticket he endorsed for several years and never regretted it.

Clarence is the Man! I have voted the ticket he endorsed for several years and never regretted it.

When I *used* to be a member (and will be again, by God), I used to vote for the Clarence-endorsed ticket, and never regretted it. For those that don't know Clarence, he is one of the nicest and most gun-knowing guys around. You can usually find him blazing away down at the C3 range.

For those that aren't really steeped in HSC politics, there are some political factions that support some types of shooting to the detriment of others. I used to be pretty tight with the C3 folks and they were constantly under siege from the other "normal" shooting factions at the club. It was a constant battle to make sure that the board and officers supported ALL TYPES of shooting. It doesn't seem that hard to me, but then I am just a hayseed from NC. The way it usually comes down to is Clarence supports all shooting sports and the folks arrayed against him support SOME shooting sports.

I am not sure what their motivation was, other than machine guns are more un-PC than your tricked out IDPA race-gun. Good luck with that. "First they came for the machine gunners, and as I was not a machine gunner, I said nothing..."

Together we stand, or together we fall. The Man is coming for all of us eventually.

I am not a member of the Harvard club but have been shooting with Dan Hurley and Greg Newman for the past few years, mostly at Harvard. These two guys go way beyound for the club and it's members. From the outside looking in, there isn't a better pair of folks to run this club far into the future.

Good Luck Dan and Greg!!!

I know both Dan and Greg and they are stand-up guys. I am definitely in the 'keep it like it is' mindset and do not want to see any changes (restrictions) to the current club policies unless they are for the better or unless inaction poses an immanent threat to the club. Dan has said he shares the 'change nothing' notion. I enjoy Harvard too much and unlike political elections, votes count at Harvard.

Harvard is not my local club but I have had the pleasure of shooting many matches there over the years.

If I had the chance to vote for Dan Hurley and Greg Newman at my club I would do it in a second. A couple of real shooters who truly cares about the shooting sports. The amount of effort and hard work I have personally watched them put into promoting shooting is amazing.

Last edited:
I am not sure what their motivation was, other than machine guns are more un-PC than your tricked out IDPA race-gun. Good luck with that. "First they came for the machine gunners, and as I was not a machine gunner, I said nothing..."

Together we stand, or together we fall. The Man is coming for all of us eventually.

I am not steeped in the politics at HSC at all. After shooting with Dan and Greg for a long time and getting to know them on a personal level, I am confident they are not out to get the C3s at the club. If anything, I bet they would love to join in on the fun at those ranges if they had the equipment.

BTW- "race-guns" are not used in IDPA. [thinking]

I am not steeped in the politics at HSC at all. After shooting with Dan and Greg for a long time and getting to know them on a personal level, I am confident they are not out to get the C3s at the club. If anything, I bet they would love to join in on the fun at those ranges if they had the equipment.

D'oh. I meant IPSC. The last time that I looked, they weren't doing IDPA at HSC.

Newman is running...again ?

Naw,just "reasonable restrictions" on MG's and cut rate rates for PD's all over MA to use our ranges.Thanks to our current president,PD's now have to pay their fair share to use our facilities.

Think about it,if a cops bullet goes somewhere other than the backstop and flies into one of the multi-million dollar homes in the area,who gets hurt ?

The police ?

They will just go to another range.

The club will get hurt and will ultimately pay for the carelessness of people that have no vested interest in the club.

Last edited:
Newman is running...again ?

Naw,just "reasonable restrictions" on MG's and cut rate rates for PD's all over MA to use our ranges.Thanks to our current president,PD's now have to pay their fair share to use our facilities.

Think about it,if a cops bullet goes somewhere other than the backstop and flies into one of the multi-million dollar homes in the area,who gets hurt ?

The police ?

They will just go to another range.

The club will get hurt and will ultimately pay for the carelessness of people that have no vested interest in the club.

Maybe we should propose civilian (HSC member) range officers to monitor LEO behavior?
I'd bet there would be people who'd pay the club to do that.

I do support all variants of the shooting sports be allowed but a more open discussion of the pro's and con's might be worthwhile. Of course it should also be on the HSC board and not here. I think there was a note here last year, 'call mr x to get the real scoop' or something to that effect. Maybe a lot of people can't discuss such things.

Bill

Maybe we should propose civilian (HSC member) range officers to monitor LEO behavior?
I'd bet there would be people who'd pay the club to do that.

I do support all variants of the shooting sports be allowed but a more open discussion of the pro's and con's might be worthwhile. Of course it should also be on the HSC board and not here. I think there was a note here last year, 'call mr x to get the real scoop' or something to that effect. Maybe a lot of people can't discuss such things.

Bill

I wouldn't want anybody monitoring me,so I wouldn't propose doing it to someone else..LOL

Seriously,I don't know WHY every meeting there is a faction that wants to "change" things.Usually,the people who want to change things do so in an effort to promote their style of shooting while limiting everyone else.

My experience has been the people who want change usually have something to do with the police that use OUR range.Seems the police from all over don't think they should pay a fair share of the liability the club incurs.We have,or used to have,cops from way far away come to our range when there is a multitude of ranges closer to their district.

Why ?

Because they weren't paying shit,it was basically free.Club incurs the liability for people who could care less about our range,and thankfully Paul (current Pres.)helped to get that changed.

A couple of years ago I witnessed some cops in full SWAT outfit armed with M4's "engaging" targets at the 4 yd range with optics.

I have read all of the prior messages and must admit that there are a lot of problems (political) at Harvard. The candidates that Clarence endorses will serve us best in dealing with these problems. I have been a member of the HSC for almost 20 years and experience has taught me to listen to Clarence; we're lucky to have him on our side. See you at the annual meeting, I'll be the guy with the handlebar mustache and the Rottweiler.

Back
Top Bottom