Harvard Sportsmans Club

This is the best club in the northeast!
Almost 300 acres. 7yd. 25yd. 50yd. 75yd. 100yd. 200yd. 300yd. ranges for pistol & rifle, 7 IPSC pits, 3 SASS pits, a class 3 range, 50 ft. indoor all pistol range, 3D archery in process, informal trap with 3 fixed throwers in place, and an electronic thrower in process.
All of the above can be used, outside, dawn to dusk, inside 24/7 with no R/O required to oversee. We self police each other.
What more could you ask for? Meetings are the first Thursday of each month,
at 7pm. You do not need a sponser.
Come On Down!

You need to be cleared for the 200/300 range, but the two people who handle that range are very welcoming and helpful - it's all about making sure they don't have users who will send rounds over the berm.

Do an Advanced Search on "sponsor" in the Gun Clubs forum and you'll see lots of info about it.

It is not a problem to get a sponsor, even if you know nobody there. I have yet to see a club that actually uses this to keep people out. It's been discussed a lot in the past and that info might be useful to you.

Thanks

Do an Advanced Search on "sponsor" in the Gun Clubs forum and you'll see lots of info about it.

It is not a problem to get a sponsor, even if you know nobody there. I have yet to see a club that actually uses this to keep people out. It's been discussed a lot in the past and that info might be useful to you.

I wasn't really worried about the sponsor. I know several people over there. I was just hoping to be able to join in May
Thanks

I wasn't really worried about the sponsor. I know several people over there. I was just hoping to be able to join in May
Thanks

You can join at the May meeting. You just can't legally use the ranges until you take the range tour, and sign off that you understand the rules that apply to them.
Someone would be available to take you on a day other than the following Sunday.

I was thinking of heading down tomorrow night. Your posts says that you don't need a sponsor, but the website claims you do, which one is correct? If I do need a sponsor, anyone willing to sponsor me?

I know this is kind of short notice, but I'll give it a shot anyway.
A friend of mine and I are interested in joining a local club, and we'd like to meet some people and check out HSC.

If anybody is going to be at Harvard this weekend (12/1 - 12/2) and doesn't mind showing someone around, I'd really appreciate it. I understand they're having breakfast on Sunday - maybe after that would work well.

I know this is kind of short notice, but I'll give it a shot anyway.
A friend of mine and I are interested in joining a local club, and we'd like to meet some people and check out HSC.

If anybody is going to be at Harvard this weekend (12/1 - 12/2) and doesn't mind showing someone around, I'd really appreciate it. I understand they're having breakfast on Sunday - maybe after that would work well.

The gate is open on weekends do to much activity. If you want, you can drive around the loop road and see the various ranges on your own. If you have questions, ask anyone at the range, or on Sunday a.m. stop in the club house, have a cup of coffee, and talk to people.
As cold as it is supposed to be this weekend, you will probably need one!
The next club meeting will be next Thurs. at 7:00 p.m.
New members @ 6:30

What do I do if I'm interested in joining but the first Thursday of the month is the ONE night a month that I simply can't go?

What do I do if I'm interested in joining but the first Thursday of the month is the ONE night a month that I simply can't go?

I don't know about HSC -- you should probably try to contact the club leadership and ask. The thing is, however, they probably have to vote you in and that's the night of their meetings, so there is probably no way around it.

At my club, there is no way around it -- our bylaws specify the procedure.

The board votes you in and you need a sponsor.

Well, it's pretty informal. The night I joined they didn't do any voting, the just made all the new members give about a 15 second introduction and that was it. My sponsor wasn't even there that night until after the new membership stuff was all over. I just wrote his name on the app myself. But I did have to at least show up.

Hey, Harvard's got the new electronic gate operational! I got to use it Monday when I went over at lunch to use the indoor range. That takes care of the number one drawback of the club. I'm often there and at No. Leominster when I'm the only person in the whole place. No. Leo had a gate, so I was never worried about someone coming up behind me with my hearing protection on. Think I'm going to celebrate by using the indoor range at 2 in the morning soon.

First time this morning using the indoor range early. I went in at 5:30 and shot for an hour before work! Having that electronic gate there is great for peace of mind -- no (actually, less) worries of someone coming off the "street" and coming up behind you. Still have to be in Condition Yellow though.

Heck of a way to start the morning. Think come spring I'll go in early and start the day with some jogging around the loop.

You'll love the place -- especially with outdoor season starting. I'm hitting it tomorrow for lunch hour. Think I'm going to have to conform to my post above and do some early morning jogs before work soon.

I was thinking of going up today to see about joining. I hope i can find a sponsor. If anyone around ill be there at 6 or 630 thanks

Back
Top Bottom