Harvard sportsman club

no 10/22 on plates? I can see why you're questioning that and I can see where it would be a lot of fun, for kids too especially. it might be worth heading to a bod meeting to plead the case.
It's a ton of fun and new shooters (I try to bring as many as I can) love it.

I'm looking to join a new club - I've really been slacking off the last couple of years in my shooting - too many other things going on. I let my old club membership lapse (Westford) , because I found I actually spent more time at Harvard when I was actually shooting (Appleseeds, invites from members - etc) - than I spent at Westford.

Do I need a sponsor to join Harvard? Show up for a meeting? What's the deal?

you need a sponsor to join as a rule. one of the folks who invite you to the club can handle that for you since they know you already.

you need a sponsor to join as a rule. one of the folks who invite you to the club can handle that for you since they know you already.

Thanks.

I've had interactions with a number of Harvard members over the years - and I've had a few offer to sponsor me if I decided I wanted to join. Hopefully one of them will remember me as not being too much of a dickhead and extend an offer.

I am looking for a sponsor for Harvard as well - only have been around a few events/discussions/trades over the last year, so my exposure not as great.

any recommendations on getting one?

Come to the April Appleseed - there's quite a few members among the instructors, and one of us will be able to make a meeting and sponsor you.

If you and your kid were chatting with a couple of guys at the sub gun range today, Jack has your bag.

You can't shoot .22s at the plates but you can shoot .22s at the steel targets at the sub gun range. .22s usually won't knock the plates down with a single hit and they won't spin the plates on the duelling tree. One of the BOD members is working on the web site so hopefully the forum will be back soon. The club was very busy this morning.

You can't shoot .22s at the plates but you can shoot .22s at the steel targets at the sub gun range. .22s usually won't knock the plates down with a single hit and they won't spin the plates on the duelling tree.
I've had several conversations with BOD about this. Their reasoning for disallowing 22s on plates at the 25y range is literally that someone might see you shooting a rifle at the plates, not realize it's a 22, and think it's okay to shoot centerfire at the plates. Fudd thinking at its finest, imho, but they're adamant about it.

Anyone have the details on the open house / 60th celebration thing at HSC for tomorrow? Times? Thanks...

HSC 60 TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
A SPECIAL DAY FOR HSC MEMBERS
SUNDAY, AUGUST 27
10:00 am to 3:00 pm
CLASS III AREAS
ARCHERY AREA

FREE COOK OUT STYLE FOOD
DJ MUSIC
ARCHERY DEMOS AND FUN
MANY GIVEWAY PRIZES
BIATHLON DEMO AT THE 50 YARD RANGE
AIMING FOR ZERO CHALLENGE AT THE ACTION PITS

As far as I'm aware it is only for HSC members, it is not an "open house".

I've been looking for a club to join and the gunsmith at IDC Firearms said Harvard was a really nice one. I understand that to get sponsored, I should attend some public events and get to know people. I checked the calendar but wasn't sure which ones were open to the public. Can some one point out an event I can pop in to? thanks!

I just when shooting there with a friend, and now I know where the pheasants in my front yard came from since I only live about a mile away from the club. Just wondering whats the story on the those?

HSC allows hunting on club property (members only). For Pheasant program you buy a set of 5 tags, with a limit of two birds per day. Birds are stocked at different times in season. Conservation committee works to create habitat to sustain and hold game and non game wildlife with large assist from grounds crew. Don't believe a nesting pair have held over to following year YET. This spring last sighting of pheasant pair was late March. Hunting cocks only so don't shoot hens!

I was at Harvard this morning to try some BE-86 loads out of a .357 snubby. They shot great but that's not the point. The point is that the club was already plowed out. Once again as I have come to expect, the grounds crew did a great job. Thanks for all your hard work.

I was at Harvard this morning to try some BE-86 loads out of a .357 snubby. They shot great but that's not the point. The point is that the club was already plowed out. Once again as I have come to expect, the grounds crew did a great job. Thanks for all your hard work.
Every time I am at HSC, and I am there alot, I am impressed with something. I drive over an hour and it is worth it!

Hands down the best club in the area. I shot Nashoba Valley Pistol League as well as Greater Lowell Trap for a few years so I got to see many clubs in the area. They lack a shotgun area with power for clay machines and maybe someday that will change. Easy enough to join another club for that so I did.

Totally enjoy bird hunting there and it's an amazing piece of property. Good balance of ranges. Dan and the rest of the leadership at Harvard do an outstanding job.

Is the Wednesday night IPDA practice still on on 7/4 ? And when and where is the biweekly Sunday breakfast ? I’d really like to meet some members and get in this club. :(

IDPA practice is alternating monday nights, the Wednesday is the USPSA guys. Last week Betsy mentioned there may not be a practice this week, so I wouldn't count on it. The only way to be sure is to drive by and see if the gate's open. Not suggesting you do this, just saying these things tend to be informal so the test to see if the gate is going to be up is: is the gate up.

Swing by next week, given the new membership process the difference of a week isn't going to really factor in, although I can appreciate the desire to get started asap.

Can't help you on breakfasts, never been to one. I believe there is no monthly meeting in July as well.

Is the Wednesday night IPDA practice still on on 7/4 ? And when and where is the biweekly Sunday breakfast ? I’d really like to meet some members and get in this club. :(

The monthly breakfasts are not held during the summer. I don't know the exact date they will be starting up again.

I've never been to IDPA practice but if memory serves I have been down on a Monday night when IDPA is practicing and I seem to remember the gate being open, so "probably." Same thing goes for the holiday week though, who knows if they are showing up. Not sure how close you are but a drive by would be the only way to be sure.

USPSA practices are open to the public.

Back
Top Bottom