• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Harvard sportsman club

I think you shoot at the wrong clubs with the wrong people Mike. Are they as ubiquitous as an AR15? No, nothing is but they are far far more common than a .50, growing in popularity everyday, and not just the AR platform PCC's either. You seem to be missing the first part of my earlier statement: This is not just AR9's. In fact, most of the YouTube videos for PCC in USPSA are HK94/MP5's.

Anyways, on to Harvard...

First of all, rules for PCC are different, for example, no starting facing uprange; or having both hands above respective shoulders; strong and weak hand shooting. This is first that came on mind.

Also PCC combines in one division multiple quite different firearms, that typically are in the different handgun divisions. For example, HiPoint carbine with factory low cap mags and iron sights and some other PCC with higher cap mags and optics, this is like running production gun against the open blaster.

And there is a bit of truth in PCC popularity, I tend to agree with Mike, I do not see many enthusiasts starting from them. I do not mind being wrong, I do not have hard data.

PS. I have nothing against the PCC. I guess, I am addressing some of what I see as the problems within the division.

Last edited:
There's a meeting this Thursday, the 4th, correct? What time for sponsors and what time for those wishing to join?

Anyone willing to sponsor me this Thursday? I promise I am not an axe murderer and I've never shot anything I didn't mean to ;-).

Hoping to make use of the 300yd range and maybe indoor pistol (I understand there is a qualification required for this). I used to shoot on the Lunenburg pistol team a while back.

Hi all,

Is there anyone willing to sponsor me at tonight's meeting? I know this is late notice, but I finally have time to make it to the meeting tonight and probably won't be able to make another meeting for a while. I'm currently a member in Braintree, but I did an Appleseed at Harvard a few years ago and really liked the club. I'm interested in the action pits and eventually shooting IDPA/USPSA.

-Brian

Hi all,

Is there anyone willing to sponsor me at tonight's meeting? I know this is late notice, but I finally have time to make it to the meeting tonight and probably won't be able to make another meeting for a while. I'm currently a member in Braintree, but I did an Appleseed at Harvard a few years ago and really liked the club. I'm interested in the action pits and eventually shooting IDPA/USPSA.

-Brian

Attend the meeting anyway. Chances of hooking with a sponsor are almost 100%. Talk to some board members there.

What is the best way to find a sponsor to join the club? A friend of mine who is a member there can't come to the meeting at the beginning of the month, and I can't wait to join and train in action pits :)

What is the best way to find a sponsor to join the club? A friend of mine who is a member there can't come to the meeting at the beginning of the month, and I can't wait to join and train in action pits :)

Come and shoot a local club match or come to one of the IDPA or USPSA practices during the week. You can meet some of the members and I am sure someone will sponsor you assuming you are not a complete safety F-up hazard...

I'll vouch for Gaidar's safe gun handling. I was supposed to sponsor him but plans changed unexpectedly and I can't make it to the next few meetings.

Since the website is down, just thought I'd mention here that the monthly all you can eat breakfasts are starting back up again. Sunday October 2nd is the date for the first one of the season. These are open to the public and are a good way to meet people and potentially find a sponsor for those looking to join.

I'm looking to join too.
When are the public events ? The calendar tab in their website doesn't open for me, some sort of error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am interested as well. Could someone please post some of the upcoming practices or other events? Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Thanks. That linked worked. Would you suggest idpa or uspsa practice as far as meeting people and getting a feel for the club? Also hopefully to find a sponsor. I'm a newish shooter and have not shot competitively

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I'd go to the breakfast. If you get there after about 8:00, parking is difficult unless you're fond of long walks.

Turns out I moved in about a mile down the road, when are these breakfasts? I would be very interested in getting a tour and finding a sponsor, at least from the backyard it sounds like a great place.

Hi all,

My wife and I are interested in joining Harvard Sportsman. I'd like to come this Wednesday for the USPSA/IDPA practice to meet up with some members. From what I gather, I can shoot as well? If so, I'll bring my holster, 9mm, and ammo.

My wife and I took the basic firearms class at Mass Firearms, as well as Handgun 102 at Sig Sauer Academy. We've been shooting mostly at Mass Firearms, but would like to find a club like Harvard which offers a greater variety of options.

Thanks,
Fred

Hi all,

My wife and I are interested in joining Harvard Sportsman. I'd like to come this Wednesday for the USPSA/IDPA practice to meet up with some members. From what I gather, I can shoot as well? If so, I'll bring my holster, 9mm, and ammo.

My wife and I took the basic firearms class at Mass Firearms, as well as Handgun 102 at Sig Sauer Academy. We've been shooting mostly at Mass Firearms, but would like to find a club like Harvard which offers a greater variety of options.

Thanks,
Fred

As a new member who met my sponsor at the USPSA practices, I would say it's a great way to get a feel for the club. At the practices prospective members are encouraged to shoot. It give the others an opportunity to watch your gun handling skills(safety). The practices are still held at 5, but are now in the indoor range below the club house do to the early sunset instead of the action pits.

I would advise showing up a little early. The gate will be open and it would give you a chance to meet some people before the shooting starts. You will be given an over view of the safety procedures and can help setup for the shoot which is always welcome. When you do show up bring an owb holster with NO mag in the gun and NO round in the chamber. They do this for safety behind the firing line. Always have your eye pro and ear pro. And lastly have fun. These are a great group of people with a lot of knowledge for new shooters. They are almost always willing to help you improve and are in general just very welcoming.

I would introduce you, but my first child is due to be born any day now so I will be very busy for a while.

Good luck

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom