• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Harvard sportsman club

Why?
Steel case isn't steel core.
Bimetallic jacket is just a hair tougher then copper.

We have a great deal of experience with steel case (jacket) ammo on steel targets. The steel jacket allows the projectile to stay together as one mass of red hot metal and thereby melt straight through most all steel targets. Copper jacketed lead projectiles pretty much disintegrate when they strike the proper type of hardened steel as used on the rifle targets. (Any type of rifle ammo will penetrate the steel targets that are designed for pistols.)

Well, after getting pulled over for speeding in Harvard and getting $100 ticket while headed to Leominster, the range is closed. I may head back to Harvard to check things out. If anyone is there and wants a guest, feel free to call or message me. Matt. 978-290-6232

Hi Matt,
Sorry I missed this the other day. I enjoyed shooting with you and hope you liked the club. Let me know if you want the full tour sometime.

Hi all, when is the next event where I can try to possibly find a sponsor? Or if anyone doesn't mind a guest and becoming a possible (fully up to you if you feel inclined to sponsor after we've met, no hard feelings) sponsor let me know [smile]

Hi all, when is the next event where I can try to possibly find a sponsor? Or if anyone doesn't mind a guest and becoming a possible (fully up to you if you feel inclined to sponsor after we've met, no hard feelings) sponsor let me know [smile]

Tomorrow (Wednesday) evening from 5 PM until 6:45 or so is an open USPSA practice. If you have one, bring your favorite pistol in a centerfire caliber like 9mm plus a holster and some magazines.

Steel Challenge too. (Also on the USPSA schedule) Steel Challenge is great if you're new to action shooting because you don't have to reload or move (other than one stage) on the clock. Also, you can shoot 22LR, which doesn't require a holster. Next SC match is 5/16. If you want to come shoot, send me a PM and I'll be happy to squad with you and show you the ropes.

Steel Challenge too. (Also on the USPSA schedule) Steel Challenge is great if you're new to action shooting because you don't have to reload or move (other than one stage) on the clock. Also, you can shoot 22LR, which doesn't require a holster. Next SC match is 5/16. If you want to come shoot, send me a PM and I'll be happy to squad with you and show you the ropes.

Good point.

I've done maybe a dozen range trips at my buddy's club up in Andover, but frankly attending one of the IDPA and USPSA matches would probably intimidate the heck out of me lol. I'm just looking to join, gain more experience and learn more about range etiquette and hopefully meet a few good people. [smile]

I've done maybe a dozen range trips at my buddy's club up in Andover, but frankly attending one of the IDPA and USPSA matches would probably intimidate the heck out of me lol. I'm just looking to join, gain more experience and learn more about range etiquette and hopefully meet a few good people. [smile]

Then go to a Steel Challenge match instead. You can start from low ready.

Or just send a private message to Dan Hurley here on NES. He is the president of Harvard Sportsmen's.

This sounds very interesting, how often do you guys do these and are they always on the weekends?

I'm interested in attending an event and finding a sponsor. Do you have any basic info about the range, nothing on the website like hours and the number of lanes per range, thanks

I'm interested in attending an event and finding a sponsor. Do you have any basic info about the range, nothing on the website like hours and the number of lanes per range, thanks

HSC is made up of a bunch of different ranges, each catering to different styles of shooting, and each with varying numbers of shooting positions. The best way to get a feel for it is to visit and have a member give you a tour of the ranges so you can see for yourself. I have never shown up at the club and not been able to find a place to shoot.

Outdoor ranges are open from 8AM-dusk Mon-Sat, 9AM-dusk Sunday, every day except Easter and Christmas. The indoor range is open 24/7/365.

HSC is made up of a bunch of different ranges, each catering to different styles of shooting, and each with varying numbers of shooting positions. The best way to get a feel for it is to visit and have a member give you a tour of the ranges so you can see for yourself. I have never shown up at the club and not been able to find a place to shoot.

Outdoor ranges are open from 8AM-dusk Mon-Sat, 9AM-dusk Sunday, every day except Easter and Christmas. The indoor range is open 24/7/365.

Thanks, great info, much appreciated.

This may give you some idea:

usgs.jpeg

There are actually more pits than show on that aerial view.

As has been mentioned there are many ranges at Harvard. There are ranges from 7 to 300 yards. There are 5 ranges that allow full auto and there's lots of steel to shoot at.

This place sounds awesome, So I need to find a sponsor, the calendar lists action pits all day Saturday 8am-8pm, so I just show up and try to meet folks at the range, I am not familiar with this method of joining anything?

This place sounds awesome, So I need to find a sponsor, the calendar lists action pits all day Saturday 8am-8pm, so I just show up and try to meet folks at the range, I am not familiar with this method of joining anything?

So the way it's supposed to work is that you attend some public event like the USPSA/IDPA practices or matches, the monthly breakfasts (on hold until the fall unfortunately), etc etc. You meet some club members, get to know them a bit, and ask one to sponsor you at the monthly meeting.

This Sunday there is a USPSA match, and Saturday morning is the time we set up for the match. If you come on Saturday morning and help out with match setup, you can almost certainly find someone willing to give you a tour of the club and perhaps even get someone to sponsor you.

Back
Top Bottom