• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Harvard sportsman club

looking for sponsor at bi-weekly breakfast

I couldn't make it at Monday night for IDPA practice. Is there anyone know when is the next bi-weekly breakfast? I am thinking to join the breakfast to find someone to sponsor my application.

Thank you very much.

Bill

I couldn't make it at Monday night for IDPA practice. Is there anyone know when is the next bi-weekly breakfast? I am thinking to join the breakfast to find someone to sponsor my application.

Thank you very much.

Bill

You're in luck, the next breakfast is this Sunday (Oct 5th) starting at 8 AM. Breakfasts are monthly, by the way, and they take a hiatus during the summer months since the clubhouse isn't air conditioned.

You're in luck, the next breakfast is this Sunday (Oct 5th) starting at 8 AM. Breakfasts are monthly, by the way, and they take a hiatus during the summer months since the clubhouse isn't air conditioned.

Thanks for the info, mlaboss. Great to know it's coming Sunday. Should I just find a random person to eat and ask for sponsorship to join the club? Too bad none of my friends is Harvard Shooting club member. Is there any NEshooters going to have breakfast this Sunday? Would be great to know someone before I get there. Thanks all.

Bill

Thanks for the info, mlaboss. Great to know it's coming Sunday. Should I just find a random person to eat and ask for sponsorship to join the club? Too bad none of my friends is Harvard Shooting club member. Is there any NEshooters going to have breakfast this Sunday? Would be great to know someone before I get there. Thanks all.

Bill
I'm thinking of going to the breakfast.

Who's going to next week's IDPA practice? I'm planning on being there to give it a try.

Does anyone know if the gate will be open tomorrow? I haven't been to the club in about 9 months unfortunately, and just when I'm getting my stuff together to sight in my new rifle.........no access card. Needless to say I'm annoyed with myself, but I'd still like to get up to do some shooting.

Hopefully not. It's left open far too often. If you are a member you'll know to sit outside the gate until someone comes along to let you in and maybe check your membership card.

That would have been my plan anyway, and in hindsight I should have just asked if anyone was headed up in the morning. I'll be there waiting, membership card in hand.
Thx.

My gate pass interferes with my office access card causing it to not work so I never keep the gate pass on me. I've started keeping it in my range bag. A few weeks ago I forgot the pass and just waited for someone to let me in - I just showed them my membership card and that was that.

Can someone tell me what the range is behind the outdoor pistol range? Been a member for 5 years and never wandered down that little road to see and honestly, keep leaving forgetting to read the sign. I don't believe we went down there on our safety/orientation walk around the club.

Can someone tell me what the range is behind the outdoor pistol range? Been a member for 5 years and never wandered down that little road to see and honestly, keep leaving forgetting to read the sign. I don't believe we went down there on our safety/orientation walk around the club.

are you talking about the one behind the 7/25/50 yard range?

Because that would be the "Back Forty" range. It has a steel plate rack and a couple of dueling trees.

When would be a good time to stop by? Is there anything going on tonight? I would like to join, and as far as I know, I don't know anyone that is a member so I would need to hopefully find a sponsor. I can bring the coffee! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When would be a good time to stop by? Is there anything going on tonight? I would like to join, and as far as I know, I don't know anyone that is a member so I would need to hopefully find a sponsor. I can bring the coffee! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

not sure what time it starts but IPSC has indoor practice tonight. hopefully someone going to practice will chime in.

practice starts at 5pm. sending you a PM

Last edited:
Yes, the IPSC/USPSA practice is in the indoor range tonight from 5PM until around 6:30 or 7, depending on when people are done shooting. The door should be unlocked, but if it isn't just try to get someone's attention through the window and they'll let you in. I won't be there tonight but there should be plenty of people there for you to get to know.

Found at the club this afternoon:
A swiss bag with some targets in it. An ar15 tool, and a couple brushes.
I want to find the owner.

I don't remember my HSC forum credentials so I can't post there...

Is there a breakfast this coming Sunday and will anyone here be attending and possibly willing to give a tour of the facility? I was hoping to attend and meet some members and and start working toward finding a sponsor. I attended an IDPA intro class at Harvard last spring and really liked what I saw of the club and would like to become a member. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Yes. There is a Monthly Breakfast this Sunday, January 11. There should be plenty of folks willing to talk to you. Make sure you mention that you are interested in joining HSC and somebody should be able to steer you toward a Member who has some time that morning. I plan to be there. Feel free to look me up.

Yes. There is a Monthly Breakfast this Sunday, January 11. There should be plenty of folks willing to talk to you. Make sure you mention that you are interested in joining HSC and somebody should be able to steer you toward a Member who has some time that morning. I plan to be there. Feel free to look me up.

Dan it was nice to meet you at the meeting this morning. Paul is great guy and gave a terrific tour of the club. I'm looking forward to becoming a member.

Dan it was nice to meet you at the meeting this morning. Paul is great guy and gave a terrific tour of the club. I'm looking forward to becoming a member.

Excellent. It was great to meet you too. I bet you'll like the place even better when their is less snow.

Back
Top Bottom