• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HARVARD SEPTEMBER MATCH - CLASSIFIER

This month's match at Harvard, Sunday, September 8, will be a Classifier match, probably only 4 stages. We apologize for the smaller match, but we will all be up at Sig on Saturday to set-up our two stages for the Area 7 match next week. We will then set-up for the Classifier on Sunday morning (yawn).

With only a few days between the Sept. 8 Harvard match and the Area 7 championships, the classifier results will not be incorporated by USPSA before the Area match.

I'm not sure what a classifier is, but I shot my 1st match last month at HSC. ( I started with stage 2, why do you guys hate newb's!!! )

I was told I needed to become a member after my 1st match. I'm already a HSC member so I assume this means IPSC / USPSA member?

A classifier match is made up or standardized courses of fire to give a comparison of ability nationwide. You do not have to join USPSA after your first match, but, the classifier scores will not count until you are a member.
You shot on my squad last month, they don't hate new shooters, they hate everyone![rofl]

I'm not sure what a classifier is, but I shot my 1st match last month at HSC. ( I started with stage 2, why do you guys hate newb's!!! )

I was told I needed to become a member after my 1st match. I'm already a HSC member so I assume this means IPSC / USPSA member?

Sounds like someone gave you the IDPA one match and join speech

Sounds like someone gave you the IDPA one match and join speech

I think it's a HAS thing: I've heard heard Gary B. say that to people while registering.

I don't care, and I'm more than happy to join as I plan on shooting the rest of this years matches at HSC... Just didn't / don't understand exactly what to join.

USPSA

USPSA has a list/book of standard courses of fire with specific measurements and procedures. Everyone throughout the U.S. shoots these courses in the same manner and the results are submitted to USPSA. Typical monthly matches will include one Classifier stage. A Special Classifier match is comprised mostly, or solely, of Classifier stages.

Once you join USPSA, you need at least 4 classifier stages within any single Division (e.g. - Production, Limited, etc.) to receive a USPSA Classification (D, C, B, A, Master, Grand Master). The Classification is based on your performance as a percentage of the best scores. It can get pretty complicated to review all the policy details, but basically, you will know what percentage you shoot as compared to the best shooters in the country.

A Special Classifier match can get you the minimum 4 scores in one day rather than in 4 separate matches. It is a good opportunity for new USPSA members to receive an initial classification, or for members to receive a classification in a different Division than their usual choice.

Gary/HAS requires competitors to join USPSA after shooting a couple matches. This policy is for several reasons. First, USPSA recommends that some type of policy be in place. Also, the old digital scoring system would carry stored competitor information only if the competitor is a USPSA member (using the USPSA number). I am not as certain about the PractiScore format of storing info. And finally, it just seems appropriate that we should support the organization that forms the basis of this great sport.

I don't care, and I'm more than happy to join as I plan on shooting the rest of this years matches at HSC... Just didn't / don't understand exactly what to join.

Join USPSA
It's a no brainier if you plan on shooting at least a handful of matches each year.

Shoot this classifier match, get a score, and set a goal for yourself to work towards.

Signed up through uspsa but looks like I should have done it a week ago as I don't have a number or anything to give HAS at registration tomorrow...

What time was registration in the AM?

Signed up through uspsa but looks like I should have done it a week ago as I don't have a number or anything to give HAS at registration tomorrow...

2013-Sep-08 Harvard Close
HARVARD CLASSIFIER MATCH

FOUR STAGE Classifier Handgun match. $20 fee. Registration begins at 8:15. REGISTRATION CLOSES @ 9:10, if you are not registered by then, you may not get to shoot! Shooter's Meeting at 9:15.

USPSA: Northeast Section: 2013 Matches

Registration is 8:30ish usually. Tell the man in the box that you don't have your number yet and he'll put you in as pending, then the people at national will take care of matching things up.

Have a good match!

That was good fun, and home in time for lunch! I wish I hadn't done so badly on stage 2... Hopefully USPSA will get my scores and attach them when I get my number

Thank you to the Harvard action shooters for putting on this match today. We understand with area 7 setup and 3 or 4 days of working the match coming up you all want and deserve a day off. So again, thanks for putting on a quick 4 stage classifier for us today.

Thank you to everyone for attending. It was pretty unusual and cool to be done before noon. I even had time to get to the football game ... Danny's game, not the Pats. It is killing him that he is missing matches, but he is enjoying his first year of football.

Thank you to everyone for attending. It was pretty unusual and cool to be done before noon. I even had time to get to the football game ... Danny's game, not the Pats. It is killing him that he is missing matches, but he is enjoying his first year of football.

Congrats, Dan you must be very proud.

First off, thanks for a great match, somehow quick and dirty seems appropriate.

I haven't seen Danny in a while, but wouldn't you have to fill his pockets with rocks before he could play football?

Back
Top Bottom