• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Harvard SC open to public events

Hey all, just moved to Acton and interested in joining Harvard SC. Does Harvard host any rifle-centric shooting events that are open to the public? Was hopping anything like CMP, high power, or 22 rifles, anything really. I hope to start meeting people and eventually see if I can find a sponsor…and also get me out to the range since I seriously need the range time.

Same for clays, does Nashoba have open clay event days for 5 stand or similar? If so what days?

Thanks guys,

Hey all, just moved to Acton and interested in joining Harvard SC. Does Harvard host any rifle-centric shooting events that are open to the public? Was hopping anything like CMP, high power, or 22 rifles, anything really. I hope to start meeting people and eventually see if I can find a sponsor…and also get me out to the range since I seriously need the range time.

Same for clays, does Nashoba have open clay event days for 5 stand or similar? If so what days?

Thanks guys,

Here's the Appleseed calendar for one:

1668776931577.png

They have regular events but primarily for pistol sports. They also had a bialthalon group, not certain if that's still going on.

Thanks guys,
For high power rifle, look at the Reading calendar. Home - Reading Rifle & Revolver Club

almost every club in the area has it's office open on sunday mornings. why not just show up at the clubs you're interested in then, meet some members, get the info you seek from the horses mouth. i don't know any club that will not let an interested person shoot on a visit. there is always someone willing to stay with you cause you need to be with a member to shoot. you'll find clubs most accommodating.

Harvard also has a winter 'breakfast' on the 1st sunday of each month (winter only) at 8AM.
We get usually around 120 people or so.

Good opp. to meet people.

Thanks all for the advice, ill check it all out. I could go for an appleseed too, been some time since and they are fun.

almost every club in the area has it's office open on sunday mornings. why not just show up at the clubs you're interested in then, meet some members, get the info you seek from the horses mouth. i don't know any club that will not let an interested person shoot on a visit. there is always someone willing to stay with you cause you need to be with a member to shoot. you'll find clubs most accommodating.
While often true, this is not how Harvard works. For starters you can't even get to the clubhouse because the gate is closed by the street unless there's an event going on. Second, people don't just hang out at the clubhouse like they do at other ranges - people come there to shoot, not talk. It's definitely a different environment from your typical club where guys just hang out all the time.

Here's the Appleseed calendar for one:

View attachment 687648

They have regular events but primarily for pistol sports. They also had a bialthalon group, not certain if that's still going on.

Biathlon is still going on. In fact they're ramping up for the season.

Harvard also has a winter 'breakfast' on the 1st sunday of each month (winter only) at 8AM.
We get usually around 120 people or so.

Good opp. to meet people.
Breakfasts are members only since last year, due to some combination of town board of health and well stuff. I forget the specifics as I wasn't at the meetings when the change happened.

Nashoba is public on Sunday mornings. 9-12 IIRC.
It’s very busy.
Concord R&G on Strawberry Hill Rd is public on Sunday as well.
Westford SC and Lowell SC also have public trap. I think Westford has Sporting Clays as well.

Ah ok, I’ll look at the public events instead of the breakfast, thanks guys.

Yesterday I spent the day with my daughter, so I’ll try and look for the next similar event.

Nashoba is public on Sunday mornings. 9-12 IIRC.
It’s very busy.
Concord R&G on Strawberry Hill Rd is public on Sunday as well.
Westford SC and Lowell SC also have public trap. I think Westford has Sporting Clays as well.
Have you been to riverside? Saw that they have sleet and 5stand.

One of my clubs asks new members what they bring to the club. If you active in the area you'll end up meeting fellow Harvard members and they will get to know you. Worst case is you become a steel challenge shooter and sign up for matches starting up this spring.

Breakfasts are members only since last year, due to some combination of town board of health and well stuff. I forget the specifics as I wasn't at the meetings when the change happened.

That is true but I have asked the person who runs the b'fast's and he's OK w/ it. It's just not a general public thing.

Back
Top Bottom