• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Harvard professor: "scientific consensus"--guns Я bad

History has shown you don't have to be a super-genius to do a lot of damage. Charisma, the right title or name and just a few IQ points above local average can take you to genocide (shown over and over again).

You need their ear, knowledge of their fears and how to play on them and whatever is turned off in predatory political types that stops the rest of us from hurting people on purpose (or even worse, the self-delusion that the damage you are inflicting is "good for them").

Which is exactly why when people like this professor start getting all uppity and crawl out of their holes and start making arguments like he did ........ they need to be told to STFU, shouted down , argued into a blabbering mass - and then told to go away.

Letting them continue only emboldens them - and enables them to get more ears to hear their bullshit.

Adult debate is all fine and good - but when somebody is spewing crap like so many on the left do - we're not in a scenario where we're arguing about whether a Mustang or a Camaro is a better car - we dealing with people who want to create tyranny and shove it down your throat one way or another.

They don't deserve an "adult debate" - or the benefit of the doubt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hemenway

I think he's saying that nobody ever has a right to protect themselves with deadly force, even in the face of deadly force being brought against them, their loved ones or others. Talk about a myopic, idealized worldview.

Does this sentence even make sense, logically?: "The gun is a great equalizer because it makes wimps as dangerous as people who really have skill and bravery and so I’d like to have this notion that anyone using a gun is a wuss." It's only OK if people who have skill and bravery are dangerous?

i dont know, he sounds like the kind of person who would see a guy rushing at him with a tire iron and be thinking, (hay that guy must be in a hurry to chang a tire) till it hits him up side his head

My first step was to put together a list of relevant scientists. I decided that to qualify for the survey the researcher should have published on firearms in a peer-reviewed scientific journal, and that he or she should be an active scientist — someone who had published an article in the last four years.

researchers that make a living writing how guns are bad say "guns are bad". got it. brilliant survey.

Does he really think he won anyone over with that article? Progressive liberals will nod in approval after reading it. Freethinkers and gun supporters will go on supporting the same beliefs they had before reading it.
As mentioned earlier, listing credentials as "Harvard professor" or any university on any political subject holds the same level of credibility as "reported by MSNBC".
Wasted my time even scanning that article. I do feel dumber now

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

How about phrasing a couple of questions like this?

-Having a gun in the home could help stop an armed home invasion.

-Carrying a concealed weapon could stop a physical assault of yourself or another person.

-Carrying a concealed weapon may stop a deranged gunman intent on mass murder.

I could go on and on. It's all about phrasing.

How about : Having a back yard swimming pool may increase water usage in the home?

Back
Top Bottom