HARVARD OCTOBER 10 MONTHLY MATCH - RIFLE

Jay,
when you hold your firebird at an angle for the red dot, does the brass eject into your head? Mine did, I had to put a deflector on it.

Good shooting and cool videos

Great match, stages were fun, weather was excellent!

PS. It looks like noidlight's new aerodynamic shape worked.

Jay,
when you hold your firebird at an angle for the red dot, does the brass eject into your head? Mine did, I had to put a deflector on it.

Good shooting and cool videos

Yeah,
That IMHO is the only issue of using the CQSS mount with the FBX receivers.
The lack of the shell deflector does cause the brass to come back at you. Usually when I shoot the side sight I don't wear my hat, and the brass will go right over my head. However, with the way that Harvard's club is facing, the sun was right in my face all day, which means the hat brim acts like a giant shell catcher. [smile]

On the backup open rifle, with a shell deflector, the combination is awesome.

That match was a great test of that sight and mount combination.
I love it. Awesome field of view compared to the dots mounted farther forward.

I ended up getting a brass deflector from Brownells for mine, trimmed it a little bit to fit. Helps alot. Mine was ejecting under my hat brim right into my forehead.

Last edited:
Thanks to the Harvard crew for a great match! Not sure how I ended up in Open (should have been tactical) not that it would have helped me much :)
Maybe a Rimfire division next year ;-)

I had a brief moment in the sun before reality set in. [crying] [laugh]

That's one problem with the USPSA scoring system, one typo like that changes the whole match results.

Back
Top Bottom