HARVARD OCTOBER 10 MONTHLY MATCH - RIFLE

Inquiring minds have been asking and the answer is "Yes, the October 10 match in Harvard will be rifles." Same $20 fee, same registration start time of 8:30, same Shooters' Meeting time of 9:15.
(And if the gate isn't open when you arrive, please don't start unbolting it.)

No long range stage this year. 65-70 Yards max. 6 stages, give or take. Probably 180 rounds, give or take. Stages diagrams will be available for review immediately after the match.

You may be asking why this thread is under pistol competition. The answer is that I've been enjoying the banter under the "Has Johnny S given up USPSA for IDPA?" thread and I figure it must be attracting people from across the nation.

Anyway, while we always welcome new shooters to USPSA shooting, this match may not be a good venue for people new to Action Shooting. That's a difficult thing to say because we love having new shooters, but don't worry, we still have another pistol match coming in November (not to mention what the winter might bring.)

Last edited:
Standard IPSC competition rifle rules? Appropriate for people new to action rifle specifically? This is the pistol forum, after all.

Standard USPSA rules. You won't need a light on your rifle. [smile] Unless Dan and company build a dark house.

[smile]

Sounds good. I'm going to try to make it, and just try not to be last.
Time to buy a mag pouch or two, and hunt some more pre-ban 30-rounders.

I don't suppose there's a Limited-10 division or similar for rifles? You know, a double-secret magical one that doesn't appear in the rulebook I'm reading?

Leave the Firebird at home, bring the "Beast"! [laugh]

I don't think Renee will be able to make it[shocked]

If I'm not in Gitmo after she reads that, I'm going to bring both Rifle. Last time I heard there was no long range stage, I sighted in for 25 feet with an 8 moa dot.

I don't think Renee will be able to make it[shocked]

If I'm not in Gitmo after she reads that, I'm going to bring both Rifle. Last time I heard there was no long range stage, I sighted in for 25 feet with an 8 moa dot.
I remember that, I shot with you and Rob. It was difficult to say the least not to laugh my ass off at Rob shooting at 200 yards, with a rifle sighted in at 25 feet!
Oh yeah, have fun at Jay Baach's match this weekend.

Wow, sounds like a match for my 9mm AR15! I can actually see that far and I have some ammo!!!!

TTFN,
F.
:cool:

Well, I will have to made the trip as long as there is someone there to teach me how to use a rifle. Let's see, will a couple 10 round mags make it???

We will see what I can find. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom