• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HARVARD MONTHLY USPSA/IPSC MATCH - SUNDAY - MAY 9

The forecast looks great for the usual fun-in-the-sun this Sunday. We plan the typical six stages.
Registration starts around 8:30. Shooters' Meeting at 9:15. First caps at 9:30. Fee is $20.00.

Remember to let the registration folks know if you're new to action shooting. Last month we had a huge group of new competitors and we squadded them all together with that famously congenial and soft-spoken mentor, Greg Newman. They all enjoyed the opportunity to get involved in Action Shooting while sharing the "new shooter experience" with each other. They even liked Greg.

Yes, we know it's Mother's Day, but the long-standing USPSA/IPSC tradition holds that Harvard shoots on the second Sunday of every month; and our beleaguered women have come to accept that we will honor them on Saturday with gifts, flowers, and the opportunity to do all the cooking. If you can bring forth all of your well-practiced charm and earn a breakout day, we hope to see you there.

Thanks,
- Dan

IPSC? Is there going to be a modified division?[smile]

Absolutely! A Division of one. Although in the interest of providing the complete interactive experience, we might score you with the Open fellas purely so that you have a basis for comparison. (how do keep from burning the tip off your weak hand thumb?)

Hellooooooooo!!!!! Some of us that look forward to this match ARE mothers! This is a yearly tradition for us!!!! What better way to spend OUR day than running around a field shooting at stuff!!!! And I intend to improve upon my tan that I started at the last match!

I worked out my plan already... planted the Lilacs for the wife, reservations for dinner Sunday night... she gets to sleep late Sunday. [smile]

Fun match today - thanks Harvard crew - it must have been a real challenge getting those stages up with that rain yesterday and then with the wind blowing them away this morning. But except for stage 2, which we spent an hour and a half on and almost every shooter got to shoot twice or had a range mulfunction[shocked] - the stages were great. Frank - you really did try!!!!!

Couldn't think of a better way to spend my mother's day[smile]. And I could have saved some gas money and rode in on my broom with that wind![devil]

Thanks to the Harvard crew for the fun match today.

If i had shot all "A"s on stage 5, I could have take up to 18 seconds and still had a better hit factor [sad2]

Great match Harvard. We even got out of there nice and early so I could keep the wifey happy. Thank you Greg and Don for working our squad.

Yeah thanks to all the SOs for all their work... setting up yesterday must have been some work too. Appreciate all your efforts.

Thanks for the tremendous patience from all the shooters. Stage 2 would have been a blast if we could have gotten it running. (If you weren't there, it included 5 poppers, 2 out-and-backs, and 3 swingers; and we eventually had to yank it.) But when you add all that complication to the nasty wind gusts, it was just too much to overcome. ... maybe next month we'll have 7 stages to make up for losing one this month ... yeah ... .... that's the ticket ... hmmmm .... .... maybe a stage with a 70 yard plate-shot and a bunch of 60 yard headshots over no-shoots.

Back
Top Bottom