• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Harvard, MA: 8/29 - 8/30/2015

Shooters! Your preparation peroid begins NOW!

There will be a 2 day Appleseed marksmanship clinic on 8/29-8/30/2015 at Harvard Sportsman's Club.
Appleseed is a great way to learn the basics of rifle marksmanship, or to test and improve on your current
skill level. ALL level shooters are encouraged to attend, especially beginners or those with no experience
whatsoever. Are you an experience shooter? Appleseed is challenging to all levels. Come and take the
"4 minute test", also know as the AQT. Find out where your skill level is. Chances are, we can help you improve.

For more information:

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=205&id_event=3711

To sign up:

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/15641314593

Hope to see you there.

Last edited:
Be honest, can you consistently hit a 1" square target at 25 yards, unsuported, and off the bench? How about a 20" target at 500 yards? Whether you are are new to the shooting sports or a seasoned shooter Appleseed will be able to teach you how.

'Project Appleseed can help transform you from a man (or woman) with a rifle into a Rifleman. A Rifleman is more than a man (or woman) with a rifle. A Rifleman understands that owning and mastering a rifle is part of his heritage as an American. And he knows why: This is a nation founded by Riflemen -- men and women skilled in the use of arms.'

A Rifleman can take a rack-grade rifle and hit targets out to the Rifleman's quarter-mile. If a Rifleman can see the target, he or she can hit it. Come to an Appleseed shoot and score 210 or better out of 250 on the AQT (Appleseed Qualification Test) and you WILL earn your Rifleman’s patch.

Attend the Appleseed intensive weekend program and learn to shoot from three positions at 25 meters, with targets scaled to simulated shooting at 100, 200, 300 and 400 yards. Learn the six steps to firing a shot, natural point of aim, steady hold factors, and much more.

During breaks, you will hear the true story of the nation that was founded on April 19, 1775, and why liberty was so important to the founders that they would risk everything for it.

Ask anyone who's been. "Was an Appleseed event a worthy investment in time and $$$?"

Hope to see you there.

Last edited:
Shooters! Less than a week to go, then your preparation period has ended!
There is still time to sign up for this event.

Hope to see you there!

Fellow Patriots,

The weather for this weekend looks to be outstanding for an Appleseed shoot..mid-80-s and partly cloudy.. in short perfect weather to make Riflemen! Theres still some time to sign up.. If you're unable to commit unil Saturday morning..then by all means come on down..we'd like to get started by 0830.. Come down and end the summer with a BANG!.. or in our case a bang..bang..bang..bang..bang..bang..bang..bang.. bang..bang.. reload..bang.. bang..bang.

Hope to see you there!

I attended this Appleseed event and it was fantastic. I was able to put into practical application all the learnings I've had from reading and videos in a safe, knowledgeable and supportive environment. While I have been shooting handguns for 20+ years this was my first serious venture into the world of rifles and I will be recommending it to anyone looking for great instruction on how to be a Rifleman.

Thanks!

This was my first Appleseed shot, and I had a great time! I started the weekend without a great deal of experience in rifle, and left just a few points shy of Rifleman. At $60 for two days, that is an incredible deal.

The first day, the group was large enough to split into two groups, with first timers on one range and experienced shooters (and centerfires) on the other. By the second day, I was shooting well enough to stay on the second range. There's something for every skill level here. Definitely coming back!

A few random thoughts:
  • Expect to get yourself, and your rifle, horribly dirty. Shooting is not always going to be from a lush, grassy field.
  • Wear long pants no matter how hot it is. I made the mistake of wearing shorts the first day, and my legs were grinding on the gravel all day.
  • Bring way more ammunition than you think you need. As in, 1,000 rounds.
  • Shoot with your dominant eye, not your dominant hand. I am cross eye dominant, and when I switched from shooting strong hand, weak eye to weak hand, strong eye, my groups improved significantly. If you find your natural point of aim, the only fine motor movement is squeezing the trigger.

After 3 years and several Appleseeds I have a nice collection of perfectly shaped rimfire brandings on my arms and legs. I show them off with my patch and challenge coin. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom