• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Harvard IDPA practice/comps

Have you attended our practices yet? They are the first and third Monday night of each month. Don't need to be a member to practice.

Check this site for more info:
www.metrowesttactical.com

Last edited:
IDPA is peaking my curiosity how do i get involved? Do i need to be a member to practice compete?

Do it!

Get an OWB holster and some mag pouches. Tons of fun.
Totally different and better than just standing in a stall shooting a piece of paper.

You can use an IWB, but it will be much easier with an OWB.

+1 and to make it even doubly good... a kydex is best IMO. Smooth, easy and safe. I honestly get a little worried when people try to wedge their gun into an IWB holster- people with a little extra around their sides or too much clothing in the way. [wink]

Have you thought about trying USPSA shooting??? We have practices every Wed. night in Harvard...

Have you thought about trying USPSA shooting??? We have practices every Wed. night in Harvard...

Come on Pete... no one can afford those guns/equipment. [rofl]

Seriously- they are both awesome action shooting sports. Just no red dots/compensators are allowed in IDPA. Plus IDPA guns aren't as loud. [smile]

Plus IDPA guns aren't as loud. [smile]

Stop being such a wuss!!! HAHA Are you afraid when it thunders out? Do you hide under the covers??? HAHA

When we meeting up at the range??? I'm thinking of heading down there on Monday since I can't go Wed.

Stop being such a wuss!!! HAHA Are you afraid when it thunders out? Do you hide under the covers??? HAHA

When we meeting up at the range??? I'm thinking of heading down there on Monday since I can't go Wed.

LOL- Hey I'm working up to it. I stepped up from my really HOT 9mm loads to .45ACP. [laugh] But I have bad fillings so I'm not ready for open guns yet. [wink] Plus... I really do like the concealment garments.

Madball- they are both really fun. I do both. They each have their pros and cons. Like Pete said- anything you can shoot in IDPA you can shoot in USPSA... not always the other way around though. Both groups have some really great people to hook up with.

What do you have? What are your interests?

LOL- Hey I'm working up to it. I stepped up from my really HOT 9mm loads to .45ACP. [laugh] But I have bad fillings so I'm not ready for open guns yet. [wink] Plus... I really do like the concealment garments.

Madball- they are both really fun. I do both. They each have their pros and cons. Like Pete said- anything you can shoot in IDPA you can shoot in USPSA... not always the other way around though. Both groups have some really great people to hook up with.

What do you have? What are your interests?

I have a glock 21 and a S&W 581. I am a trap shooter by trade and with that winding down for the winter I'm looking to shoot my pistols. I punch paper on a regular basis and like to think Im pretty good but I want to do more than stand there and pull a trigger. Thanks guys!

I have a glock 21 and a S&W 581. I am a trap shooter by trade and with that winding down for the winter I'm looking to shoot my pistols. I punch paper on a regular basis and like to think Im pretty good but I want to do more than stand there and pull a trigger. Thanks guys!

Like you I use to put holes in paper all the time and I thought I was a pretty good shooter. Then I started shooting action shooting with steel and then started shooting USPSA. It opened my eyes to how underskilled I was. After a few years I've aquired skills I never thought possible and shooting is SO MUCH MORE FUN NOW!!!

Not too familiar with the round gun but I just started shooting the 21 recently in IDPA. If you have a holster and a few mags you'd be good to go. Bring 100-150 rounds to practice and see what it's like. You can watch and jump in anytime you are ready.

Like you I use to put holes in paper all the time and I thought I was a pretty good shooter. Then I started shooting action shooting with steel and then started shooting USPSA. It opened my eyes to how underskilled I was. After a few years I've aquired skills I never thought possible and shooting is SO MUCH MORE FUN NOW!!!

The downside is that it makes punching paper so mundane.

Here's your chance to try IDPA:

Worcester Pistol and Rifle club IDPA Match

Date: Saturday December 13, 2008
Time: 9:30 AM
The match registration will start at 9:30, safety briefing at 10AM first shots immediately afterwards.

Hope to see you there

Back
Top Bottom