• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Harvard Action Shooters May 2019 USPSA

Hello everyone!

Harvard Action Shooters will be holding our first match of the year this Sunday, May 12th. Registration starts at 8:15 and runs through 8:45. Shooters meeting shortly after that, and first shots will be at 9:00 (or a bit later depending on when everything is ready to go!)

PLEASE NOTE: The match fee for this year has increased to $25. Please bring exact change if possible. Juniors (under 18) are still just $10!

Match staff shoot for free, so if you're willing and able to RO and/or run Practiscore, please let us know at registraton! If you've never done it before but are willing to try anyways, let us know and we'll pair you up with a buddy to start training you.

Stage setup is on Saturday the 11th starting around 9 AM. Please come help set up! If you do, you are match staff and shoot for free! If you do setup AND RO, you shoot for free and get $10 of credit at the Slush Lady for lunch!

Location: Harvard Sportsmen's Club, 250 Littleton County Rd, Harvard, MA

Great match today. Weather held off for the most part. Thanks to the ROs of squad 4 for helping this first timer out. Looking forward to the next one!

I would like to go to the June match, but I notice there's no pre-registration on practiscore and instructions state that I'm supposed to come and sign up the day of. Does the match ever get full enough to turn away shooters? I don't want to drive all the way out just to find out the match is full.

I would like to go to the June match, but I notice there's no pre-registration on practiscore and instructions state that I'm supposed to come and sign up the day of. Does the match ever get full enough to turn away shooters? I don't want to drive all the way out just to find out the match is full.
I've yet to see them turn away shooters.

This whole capping match attendance and preregistration at club matches is relatively new. Places like NH where there is a HUGE pent up demand and very few places that run matches have to cap attendance and preregister (Pioneer). Most places in MA (Harvard, Hopkinton, Monson, Granby) don't seem to have the issue with giant turnouts. I know each of them has experimented with preregistration, but most (maybe all) have decided it's more of a PITA than it's worth.

I can speak for Hopkinton that what eisenhow said is the case.
Just show up on time (early) sign up, and shoot.... And tape....

We've never had to turn anyone away in the 8+ years I've been helping with HAS matches. If anything, attendance has declined somewhat, mostly likely due to there being so many great clubs running matches nowadays.

If we ever got to the point where we were consistently getting 100+ shooters then we may have to consider doing preregisration + attendance caps, but I doubt it'll ever come to that.

Just wanted to extend my thanks to the folks at Harvard for yesterday's match. That was my first time there and it was great. Something like 102 shooters and it moved along very nicely, with great stages. Now I just need to shoot better. I will definitely be going there again!!

Back
Top Bottom