Harvard 8/14/11 USPSA MATCH

I will have the nomination form from Jim Wallace (GOAL) for NRA director available. If you are inclined to sign it, please bring your NRA member number. Thanks.

Looking forward to my first match! My goals for tomorrow are:
1) Be safe
2) Have fun
3) Don't embarrass myself too badly.

sounds like a good plan....don't be afraid to identify yourself to the ROs as a first time USPSA shooter, you'll get a bit of extra assistance throughout the day!

sounds like a good plan....don't be afraid to identify yourself to the ROs as a first time USPSA shooter, you'll get a bit of extra assistance throughout the day!

I was planning on it. I've attended a few practices at HSC so I at least have the basics, but it's always different when it's the "real deal".

Same here... most likely no HSC matches for me for at least 2-3 years. One of the few things I'll miss about MA.

Back home after my first USPSA match, and I am hooked! I had a great time today, helped along by the fact that everything ran so smoothly and quickly. The stages were challenging and interesting, but not so hard that a new shooter like me couldn't at least make a good effort. A heartfelt thank you to everyone who staffed the event!

Another good match put on by the Harvard Action Shooters; another bad match shot by the BostonBullit......well, maybe not so bad but definately an up n down day. I really need to find the time to dry fire practice more. I'm developing issues with Stage 6, things turned into a chitshow on me last month and this month in that dang pit [frown]

Results are up here.

I ended up firmly in the middle of the pack, more or less as expected.

Thanks to everyone for a fun match! And to my awesome squad and ROs, who were a blast to shoot with. I might have to keep doing this funky "USPSA" thing.

Last edited:
I wound up pretty close to the bottom, which is not too surprising given my inexperience. Gotta practice some more and get better!

Well,
I absolutely sucked today, but managed somehow, to beat LOPEZ, [crying]Who deserved the Win! (because he shot better than I)
anyway,[wink]
It was nice to see all the NES members (using the SAFE AREA, of course!)[smile]
I did met Dirtypacman & Zerodown (one of the NES'rs brave enough to be shooting open!)
Very sorry Derek, Team Bacon, the Mainer's and many others had to cancel..........I assume because of the threat of rain (which, lucky for us, it did not rain)
Must be many wicked witches of the west in that group.......
(can't get wet, for you youngster's.....[laugh2]),,,,
http://movieclips.com/icda-the-wizard-of-oz-movie-im-melting/

What a World! What a World!!

Last edited:
Good shooting with you as well today. I certainly did better on the stages when my mags weren't falling out [crying]. I need more time behind my open gun.

Good shooting with you as well today. I certainly did better on the stages when my mags weren't falling out [crying]. I need more time behind my open gun.

You need to "non drop free" mags... oh wait those are Glock mags.

Seriously though Jeff- what was happening?

You need to "non drop free" mags... oh wait those are Glock mags.

Seriously though Jeff- what was happening?
Haa..... I have 2 new 140s that were droping after the first shot. They were seated well but don't seem to like to stay in place. The gun ran great though and my mount didn't loosen up.....which was nice. I think the 2 other screws and a lot of red loc-tite did the trick on that one....Ah, the quest continues.

Haa..... I have 2 new 140s that were droping after the first shot. They were seated well but don't seem to like to stay in place. The gun ran great though and my mount didn't loosen up.....which was nice. I think the 2 other screws and a lot of red loc-tite did the trick on that one....Ah, the quest continues.
If you have a light mag catch spring, change it! Seeing that you're left handed, you're probably bumping the catch.
John, there is hope for Jeff. He shoots open and likes 3 gun.[laugh]

It was a pleasure to meet some of the NES'rs at the match :)
I had a great time once again and was happy to successfully run each stage.
My score is not a concern to me at this point as safety and enjoyment are my two top priorities.

Question: Is there any scoring or other difference between Minor and Major - I see I am listed as minor but shooting .45 I figure it would be in the major class? Thanks

This was an exceptionally smoothly run local match.

81 shooters and 6 stages. There were no excessive backups, the stages were very decent, and the match finished up at a reasonable time (I was in one of the last squads to finish and we were done at 2:00). I think stage designs that did not lend themselves to excessively tricky resets or reshoots was part of the formula, as was the attention given to balancing the squad sizes.

My compliments to the chef.

If you have a light mag catch spring, change it! Seeing that you're left handed, you're probably bumping the catch.
John, there is hope for Jeff. He shoots open and likes 3 gun.[laugh]
No doubt, He wants to play with the big dogs......AND will do well I think.
Dan, you are correct, I don't think his mags are the issue, mag catch spring or grip placement, I told him to look for a south paw release...........of course, you will have cut notches in his mags....

Last edited:
You were shooting Production. Production is always scored minor.
Well, Dirtypacman, besides buying a real pistol belt,[wink]
try to READ THE USPSA RULEBOOK, [shocked][laugh2]
and I ASSUME YOU USED THE SAFE AREA, (Derek was not there to judge you)
Nice shooting with you...........[grin]

Last edited:
Hey, umm....

I wasn't gonna bring this up, but my Columbia rain jacket mysteriously vanished from atop my range bag.
Anyone see a dark gray one floating around in their travels there?
( it was pulled through the grab handle of the bag and wrapped around it)
I didn't even realize it till i was half way home.
I love that jacket.
:(

Hey, umm....

I wasn't gonna bring this up, but my Columbia rain jacket mysteriously vanished from atop my range bag.
Anyone see a dark gray one floating around in their travels there?
( it was pulled through the grab handle of the bag and wrapped around it)
I didn't even realize it till i was half way home.
I love that jacket.
:(

One of the staff saw it left behind and took it. I'm guessing they put it in the trailer.

Back
Top Bottom