Harvard 8/14/11 USPSA MATCH

Dirtypacman

NES Door Greeter
This will be my 2nd match, I have shot at a few other fun matches and the benefit match a few weekends ago.
Just looking to see what other NES members may be going this Sunday to shoot.
Figured I could introduce myself if we have not met already and start putting some real names with the screen names.

I'll be there, rain or shine. Heck, if it rains it'll give me some experience doing something I've never tried (shooting in the rain).

Great I look forward to it. Hoping the rain stays away for us.

I had to go out and buy 200 rounds for it, I was at practice last night and the reloads I had made up were having trouble feeding over and over.
Seems like the new bullets I started using have caused some issues and I have to make some adjustments to my press before I can correct them. Never had a problem feeding my .45 before so I was a bit perplexed. Won't even have the time to do that before the match.

Either way I look forward to meeting you all there. I will have my NES jersey on with my screen name so it wont be hard to pick me out.

Planning on being there, haven't shot a match since Harvard last month and didn't make it to practice last night so this will be interesting....need to find some time to get dry fire practice in...oh, and load some more ammo :-/. I'll most likely have on shorts and a T-shirt, black sneakers, black ballcap with flaming skull "Evil Bikes" logo, and a Glock 22 on the hip....and I'll probably be cussing up a storm on the stages

what's the round count for the match and how many mag carriers are recommended? Im shooting production. I did USPSA for the first time at the kelly match and enjoyed it. I've been shooting idpa regularly for a while. I will most likely be at the WPRC IDPA match this weekend...may try to hit up the USPSA match at Harvard next month...

Great I look forward to it. Hoping the rain stays away for us.

I had to go out and buy 200 rounds for it, I was at practice last night and the reloads I had made up were having trouble feeding over and over.
Seems like the new bullets I started using have caused some issues and I have to make some adjustments to my press before I can correct them. Never had a problem feeding my .45 before so I was a bit perplexed. Won't even have the time to do that before the match.

Different bullet weight/profile? You probably need to adjust your seating die. I find this when changing between "ball" and LRN style bullets. Mic them or use a case gauge.

SevenMMag, I plan to be at WPRC Saturday as well. Look for the big guy on the Red Harley. [smile]

I doubt I'll make Harvard though. More is always better but plan on at least 200-250 rounds. 4-5 mags with pouches for 4 and 1 in the gun should suffice.

Different bullet weight/profile? You probably need to adjust your seating die. I find this when changing between "ball" and LRN style bullets. Mic them or use a case gauge.

That is what I was figuring... When I did adjust my seating die I some how loosened my crimp station so that just added to the problems..lol
I bought 200 factory for the match sunday anyhow so I don't have to be messing with those loads in an actual match.

1 in the gun and 4 on the belt is good for production. Minimum round count is typically right around 125. 200 is a good number to bring.

what's the round count for the match and how many mag carriers are recommended? Im shooting production. I did USPSA for the first time at the kelly match and enjoyed it. I've been shooting idpa regularly for a while. I will most likely be at the WPRC IDPA match this weekend...may try to hit up the USPSA match at Harvard next month...

I usually run 4 on the belt. What gun are you using. Some folks in this thread may have extras. I think I've got 3 extra M&P mag holders and I plan to be there on Sun (& Sat @ WPRC).

I plan on being there. This will be my first time visiting this range. It'a a haul from home but I've heard nothing but good things about these matches! Hope to see some forum users.

3 hours for a local match is a legitimet drive.
Guys, Blue Ridge was 2557 miles round trip. My butt was tired, but, it was worth the drive. The FNH match is only 8 hours drive from here. I wish I could do that one.[sad]

Looking forward to my first match! My goals for tomorrow are:
1) Be safe
2) Have fun
3) Don't embarrass myself too badly.

Back
Top Bottom