Harvard 7-10 USPSA

Thanks to the Harvard crew for putting on a good match today. I was fun to shoot there again.

Here is a quick video

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, another great match by the dedicated crew at HSC!

I can't keep up with the Bacon Brothers but here is my unclassified production division shooter video:

Ha Ha Super- there goes that 'one foot' again.

And after stage 2, I know what I need to work on at our next lesson.

It was a great match although the heat was killing me by the end of the first stage. Thanks to the score keepers and r.o.'s that just kept on going. You guys deserve a medal!

Another awesome match at Harvard, even if it was another dismal performance for the 'Bullit. Congrats to 9x21 on the overall win and csp02301 on that fine Production win in a BIG field. as for me, this says it all: the best part of my day was on my last stage, Stage 6, when after watching me burn through all 4 mags and go to slide lock trying to knock down the small poppers lined up at the back of the pit with a few still standing Supermoto (the RO at the time) looks at me and says with a straight face "would you like to call for calibration on the poppers?" [laugh][laugh][laugh] [crying]. something needed calibration and it wasn't the range equipment [sad2]

here's a quick vid of me today:

It was a great match although the heat was killing me by the end of the first stage. Thanks to the score keepers and r.o.'s that just kept on going. You guys deserve a medal!

+1 to that! And it wasn't even a real hot day but it sure as hell felt like it. My bullets were really shooting crooked today! I blew up in a bad way today and if I wasn't so tired... I'd be drinking heavily now. [smile]

9x21 is a strong weekend warrior for sure... Congrats to Craig in Production- nice win. And it's always entertaining to see the Team Bacon captain again.... just wish he brought his chair seat to check out.

Shot my first USPSA match, today. I can tell you, I scared those targets real bad. Now that I've got them nice and fearful, maybe I'll actually shoot one, next time. It was great to get out and shoot, hang out with some cool folks, and put some more names to faces. Unsure when I'll be able to make it out next, but I am looking forward to it.

Thanks to the Harvard crew for another great match. Got to shoot my SIG 226 I had worked on by Gray Guns 2 times. Still is a POS. Now it doesn't reset so I guess I have learned that not all is good in Spray Oregon. Yes, I have learned my lesson that name is not all that it is cracked up to be and that people should stand behind what they do (or don't do) including shipping reimbursement. It will NOT be going back there. Be forewarned if you are thinking of sending something West. The Life Time guaranty is great but costs you money. [/rant][angry]

What an incredible time I had, being my first match also I was concerned I would not enjoy or feel out of place in some way. Absolutely the opposite from every person I met competitors to RO's everyone was extremely helpful. I have plenty to work on and will continue to do so. Got my USPSA pin pending as of yesterday evening. Look forward to the next one.

May as well throw my video up. Nothing cool I need to work on, just the fundamentals of sight picture and trigger control. I had a few minor bobbles that cost me time, but my real downfall was bad hits and taking way too many rounds to down steel. I threw one mike on the last shot of stage 2 the first go round, but got a reshoot because the middle targets weren't taped. Hits were better the 2nd time around, but the foot bobbles on the left cost me time. Still, that was my best stage finish of the match. At least I really had no stage planning failures this time.

Huge thank you to everyone that came to the match. It takes an amazing collected effort to get 98 competitors through 6 stages by 2:30. The staff certainly works very hard, but every single competitor who picked up a popper or taped a hole was crucial to creating a safe, fun, challenging, rewarding day.

Action Shooting is absolutely the best participant sport in the world. And I'll show my bias by saying that I prefer the freestyle of IPSC/USPSA. But every game is fantastic whether USPSA, IDPA, Steel Challenge, Cowboy, Pins, etc. Partly, it's the shooting challenges. Partly, it's the mental challenge of de-coding a 32-round course. Partly, it's the plain fun of pulling the trigger. But by far, the largest part is the great people that attend the events. Sometimes they wear tan vests, sometimes they wear cowboy hats, sometimes they wear weird bowling shirts with pink pigs, but they always represent the best of the best.

I was very impressed on how little Danny handled himself. He didn't get frustrated and always remained safe when the gun wasn't working. He is pretty damn accurate also.

He is going to be a great shooter, to bad he is so polite and respectful otherwise we would recruit him for Team Bacon

I was very impressed on how little Danny handled himself. He didn't get frustrated and always remained safe when the gun wasn't working. He is pretty damn accurate also.

He is going to be a great shooter, to bad he is so polite and respectful otherwise we would recruit him for Team Bacon

I have a feeling Dan will do his best to keep him away from you!

seconded...the kid kept with it all day and to clear that many feed issues without any kind of safety infraction is an accomplishment. and judging by the hits of the shots he actually got off he's gonna be a force when he finds some good ammo [wink]

seconded...the kid kept with it all day and to clear that many feed issues without any kind of safety infraction is an accomplishment. and judging by the hits of the shots he actually got off he's gonna be a force when he finds some good ammo [wink]

Given Danny's size, it's probably not ammo, but the fact he softened his grip and his stance, not giving the gun enough resistence. But, I wan't there, so it's speculation.

Given Danny's size, it's probably not ammo, but the fact he softened his grip and his stance, not giving the gun enough resistence. But, I wan't there, so it's speculation.

Oh, it was definitely ammo. I put together a non-functioning load to make sure he couldn't beat me in his first match. Actually, Dan, it's one of your P9 guns from the pre-Civil War era. The slim grip gives his 10-year old hand a better hold.

I tried to assemble a lighter load and I went too light. Bumped it up a few 10ths and it runs like a champ.

I too was proud of his persistence and safety. He stuck at it like a bull dog on a bone, or maybe a future pig on a corn cob.

Back
Top Bottom